Paul's Azure Three Fiddy "Hugo"!

pjf1985

Needs clear reflectors!

Am I the only one that likes the orange reflectors? lol

I'm still undecided on what to do with the reflectors. I do like the clear ones but at 70 odd quid I'm not in a rush to change them as I think the orange reflectors look OK, and was considering doing something with LED's there.

Lovely wheels bud

How much is for pot of that wax by the way?

Cheers :) I paid £20.99 for it on Ebay, from Perfectly Cleaned, came with the applicator and microfibre cloth!

• 1 month later...

I now have my Cobra Decats on courtesy of mattross1313! Had a few issues when it came to the fitting. Started them Sunday with help from a mate at work.

Firstly most of the bolts were seized so it was hard work removing them, and a few needed to be cut off with an angle grinder. But eventually the cats were off and thats when I encountered my next problem; the lambda sensors were also seized into the cats and so I had to drive home with my exhaust blowing until I could get the sensors.

The sensors came in the next day and went back into the workshop on Tuesday and fitted the new sensors and its done. Have noticed a slight hissing sound when I lift off, might have to check the bolts are all secured. Also after the second use the EML has popped up again which I hope will go away!

Anyway apart from the small issues I'm very pleased with the sound now the decats have been fitted. I now have a lot more rasp than before and my MPG has fallen by quite a bit because I love hearing the noise my exhaust now produces :D

I'll try get some videos to capture the sound but for now, some pics of my Zed on the ramps because it looked cool :blush:

IMAG1180.jpg

IMAG1185.jpg

Looking really good mate! Look foward to hearing the sound clips :)

Btw I don't think the EML goes off by itself, I think once it comes on it needs to be cleared manually. Usually just the pedal dance if you just want to get rid of the light yourself :)

• Like 1

Looking really good mate! Look foward to hearing the sound clips :)

Btw I don't think the EML goes off by itself, I think once it comes on it needs to be cleared manually. Usually just the pedal dance if you just want to get rid of the light yourself :)

Thanks! :D

Yeah I understand it needs to be cleared manually. I got it taken off before but I plan on getting it off again or doing the pedal dance.

I have a hissing sound when lifting off too, check the flexi's in your Y-Pipe, that's whats causing mine!

Will do, thanks for the tip. It doesn't sound too bad but want to get rid of the sound if I can. Think that could maybe be why the EML comes up?

I have a hissing sound when lifting off too, check the flexi's in your Y-Pipe, that's whats causing mine!

Will do, thanks for the tip. It doesn't sound too bad but want to get rid of the sound if I can. Think that could maybe be why the EML comes up?

Could be a hole in the zorst which will then cause the o2 sensor to play up that would cause eml

Could be a hole in the zorst which will then cause the o2 sensor to play up that would cause eml

Dunno about that Bradders, was completely fine before I put the decats on. Unless I put it down to this so I will have to get myself a new catback :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Done a couple of mods on my day off today. Firstly I wrapped my rear strut bar cover in gloss black as it was scratched up.

b10a2a7c104b47b51e49826d9379cb9c.jpg

Then I also done the flip key mod. Very pleased with the outcome! Should have came with a flip key all along!

a28af02677e8914902ad37378365f61e.jpg

0109fb03dbdfbba538cfa622180558e0.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice and the flip key is a great idea ~ wish Nissan had done it though to save us the bother. ;)

Yes! Although its a very easy and cheap mod to do :)

Can you pm me some info on the flip key please?

A PM is on its way bud :)

I'm very pleased with it and it does look and feel OEM in terms of quality. It is kind of a generic casing but the circuit board inside fits perfect and the buttons line up as they should!

This is what I've been putting in my PM's, easier to have it here lol....

The flip key is an easy mod to do and looks awesome!

I got this key from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321067673609

Then got this Nissan emblem to finish it off:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281350182704

Then all you need to do is get the new key blade cut at your local key cutters.

Then take the chip and the little transponder out your original key and transfer into the new one. The chip fits neatly inside (without the rubber housing). Then the transponder you just put inside with some blutac to keep it secure.

That's pretty much it! :)

Let me know if you need any more help,

Edited by pjf1985
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

SO..I got my exhaust sorted at the weekend eventually. My OEM Y Pipe was shot, turns out one of the flexis was almost completely gone lol. I got a new one off ebay and it turned out to be a Japspeed one. Only paid about 80 quid new for it. The quality looks really good and it fit fine. My hissing sound has gone too and it sounds so much better than before as my exhaust was blowing bad!

I'm really happy with the sound of my exhaust now and hopefully it will keep the modding at bay so I resist getting a new system :lol:

I'll try get a clip up at some point.

• Like 1