F&F Tokyo Drift Exhaust?

ddcboyle

After watching Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift yesterday, and ignoring missus questions while i just stared at the 350z's, I tried to search up what exhaust DK has on his TT 350z. Came accross a guy asking the same question on my350z and obviously just got pounded with useless replies and talking about being ricer, which, really isnt ricer.

So, just curious if anyone knows what exhaust they have on DK's 350z. I know some may be computer generated, but was wondering if there is an exhaust that sounds like that?

I think in most films like that the sound of the cars is heavily enhanced in post production so you probably don't get anything like a real impression of what the exhaust really sounds like.

I've been working my way through the F&F films recently - completely ridiculous but very entertaining! B)

Edited by sipar69

Its the same exhaust that I have. They seem good quality as its been on my car for over 4 years without a problem. I quite like the tone of it as its good under load but quiet when cruising.

Have you had any rusting issues with yours? I had a quick look on the US forums and some people seem to suggest they use lower quality steel while others really like the system......

Last time i had the exhaust off their was a little surface rust but nothing that didnt come off with a bit of elbow grease.

There is a video of me leaving Country Cooks Wales 2013 if you wanted to hear what it sounds like but i cant for the life of me find it. Im sure someone can find it tho.

Does it sound like the f&f one madmarky or is that enhanced? it does sound like a different engine, i know its TT but that wouldnt effect the exhaust note at low revs?

Reason i ask is i was looking at swaping the invidia gemini for a different exhaust, i bought it because i liked the tips (because im an idiot like that), but looking for a meaty louder note to it.

• 5 weeks later...