Forza Motorsport 5 350Z-UK Championship

Ekona

One thing i have had to learn to progress is as you turn off the assists you get quicker.

I only have breaking line on (habit) and full simulation steering. Then went from auto to manual. Big change was to go to manual clutch and that made a big difference to my times but took a while to feel natural. Stability control is now off but i am still relying on TCS and ABS - they are my next targets. Each time i took one assist off my times improved.

Edited by Will370z

I think more than 2 tyres at any time out side the racing track indicates a dirty lap.

Not necessarily - some tracks you can take wide and go off track but it all depends on the corners. Best way is to experiment and see where the boundaries are. As ekona says on leguna seca you can take some very aggressive and yet valid lines.

Edited by Will370z

One thing i have had to learn to progress is as you turn off the assists you get quicker.

I only have breaking line on (habit) and full simulation steering. Then went from auto to manual. Big change was to go to manual clutch and that made a big difference to my times but took a while to feel natural. Stability control is now off but i am still relying on TCS and ABS - they are my next targets. Each time i took one assist off my times improved.

The only way you'll set any sort decent time is with all the assists off.

That's how 'the kids' as you referred to me as play and manage to set quick times.

The only one I tend to use is w/o clutch, only because I've not tried it yet, trying to get my lines down first before I do that. Still play with manula gears though, that's the main key to going much faster.

Also, try tuning your car too, camber etc... you'll be surprised how many 10'th's you can make up by having a car that suits your style.

Suits - i dont believe anywhere in any of comments did i refer to you as one of the 'kids'. That is the trouble with written communication its too easy to be misinterpreted but that was not my intention. It was not a knock on people using all assists either. I needed those when i started playing.

I mentioned kids in one thread since there were two american kids in the lobby who were targeting people to ram that morning. Wish the kick voting option worked far better in those cases.

Agreed tuning the car makes a massive difference and dont rely on the auto upgrade feature - its rubbish

If you can do a 2.47 at Spa auto, you'll be able to do a 2.42 manual after half an hour hot lapping.

Honestly, just turn it all off and practise, within an hour you'll wonder why you ever bothered with aids in the first place. They are very restrictive.

C class is the old B class isnt it ??

I'll build a car tonight and set some times, see what I can do.

I do prefer A class though, it's just quicker and in my eyes takes more skill to get the car around the circuit smoother and quicker than in the lower classes, you have more think about - more quickly. Remember I play with assists off.

Did you have a go at my A Class times ??

With the wheel cornering is much more accurate I found, but I was slower with the pedals than I was with the buttons.

Again, with the wheel, I found the higher the class of car the more beneficial the wheel became as you could be more precise with the throttle and input.

That was with the CSR Elite and F4 mind.

Edited by Suits

Oh right, ok, so a stock BRZ is C500? I'll try a few laps in that.

Nah, it's much lower than that: Mine's only C500 because I've tuned it.

Ah ok, gimmi your power and weight and I'll try to replicate it. :thumbs:

Looks like Will's sweeping the floor with you guys!

He's seriously quick, no doubt. The trouble is that I prefer handling to power, which leaves my cars incredible through the corners but a bit gutless on the straights. That's fine with the Drivatars, but for the rivals it's just not good enough. Through the first section of Road Atlanta I can keep up and even start to catch Will, but on the straights he leaves me for dead.

I'll try a power tune and see what happens.

Looks like Will's sweeping the floor with you guys!

He's seriously quick, no doubt. The trouble is that I prefer handling to power, which leaves my cars incredible through the corners but a bit gutless on the straights. That's fine with the Drivatars, but for the rivals it's just not good enough. Through the first section of Road Atlanta I can keep up and even start to catch Will, but on the straights he leaves me for dead.

I'll try a power tune and see what happens.

Thats exactly how your Spa Ghost is. I've got a BMW 1M Coupe and can beat you to and through Eau Rouge and by the time the next chicane comes I can't see you in the mirrors.

But then after that my cornering inability catches up with me and you come sailing back through like your'e not even braking :rant:

I just cant seem to ever get the first and last corner as smooth as i would like im losing around 3/10 of a second on the first corner alone

I know what you mean, i really cant get that first corner right and it makes such a difference as its straight into a steep hill and if you are in the wrong gear or have the wrong line that's seconds gone

Still its an addictive challenge trying to get it right and beat your rival

I will add you later pallett.

If i see any of you online i will also send you a party invite so you can jump into our lobby and join for some clean racing

Edited by Will370z

Right, I'll keep this first post edited for gamertags, but if we can keep quote each other when we add a new time, then that keeps that side of things cool. Chuck a post up with your GT (and time, if you've got one), once we have a list of tags then all we need to do is to keep the times up to date. :)

ALL TIMES ASSUMED CLEAN UNLESS YOU STATE OTHERWISE

GAMERTAGS

Ekona = Ekona (Dan)

Warpedstorm = Will370z (Will)

Draggster454 = StevoD

Kingmarz = Marzman

Sarnie = Sarnie (Liam)

SamMcGoo = Sam McGoo (Sam)

Pallett0 = Pallett

CURRENT CHALLENGE:

C500 max, any car

SPA: