Engine bay wire hoses

ddcboyle

Been looking at the engine bay hoses, not for the radiator, oil etc, but where the wires are. All I can find are coloured plastic looking covers, like the oem ones. The ones that look like cable wraps for behind your tv. Are there any brands that are rubber, and look like the samco style liquid hoses?

Ive tried searching, but at the same time don't know what their called.

Just curious as it could be part of my monthly cheap mod ^^

Quite expensive to be cutting through tbh. Its more just a blue rubber thing I can stick round, didn't know if there was ones that anyone had tried to use.

Trying to do my £20 a month mods, samco would take me 5months :p

edit: And I would just buy ebay blue rubber, but I have no idea on size, wouldn't want big blue toilet roll tubes anywhere, unless no-one has done it here then that's probably next option

Edited by ddcboyle

Was looking at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-Radiator-Hose-Reinforced-Flexible-1-Ply-Silicon-Rubber-Pipe-Water-/190951839605?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&var=490205788986&hash=item2c759dd775

But im not sure on the sizes of engine bay cables. Wether to remove the black cable cover and replace with the blue rubber, or to just put the blue rubber over the black cable cover?

just slip it over the top if i were you like you would conduit. Wouldnt go this route myself personally though.

Would be good to see some photos if you do pursue this option.

Payco

just slip it over the top if i were you like you would conduit. Wouldnt go this route myself personally though.

Would be good to see some photos if you do pursue this option.

Payco

Why wouldnt u go this route? Surely there would be no issue doing this? or just personal preference?

I did mine recently using the plastic conduit mentioned above. its less than £20 for a set and I had a fair bit left after doing most of the engine looms. I like the idea of what you have linked however for the largest diameter its £16 per metre, and you will need a while heap more than one metre. So it might not work out as one of your £20 mods :(

I did mine recently using the plastic conduit mentioned above. its less than £20 for a set and I had a fair bit left after doing most of the engine looms. I like the idea of what you have linked however for the largest diameter its £16 per metre, and you will need a while heap more than one metre. So it might not work out as one of your £20 mods :(

Maybe need to look at the cheaper brand ones. Thankfully its not for liquid, so i can go pretty cheap. I just wouldnt want it looking like a cheap piece of rubber, aslong as it looks expensive it can be as crap as they want to make it :lol:

Any idea on sizes? Im presuming the largest diameter isnt what i would need?

I really do need to go actually measure how long i need, and diamater if i can find a fabric tape measure. Just an idea atm ^^ would be nice to do something to my boring engine bay :p

• Like 1

For largest diameter, not really sure - depends if you are going to wrap over the existing black conduit imguess.

I little birdie tells me you are also at the Shed of Zed this Saturday?...you can check out my engine bay if you like as i have used the plastic conduit.....just orange not blue :)

"Just orange"? "JUST orange"??? :scare: How very dare you! :teeth:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

For largest diameter, not really sure - depends if you are going to wrap over the existing black conduit imguess.

I little birdie tells me you are also at the Shed of Zed this Saturday?...you can check out my engine bay if you like as i have used the plastic conduit.....just orange not blue :)

Yellow i best stick with blue or yellow or if i pick orange i swear im gonna see the Hulk come outta this guy lol :p

Yellow i best stick with blue or yellow or if i pick orange i swear im gonna see the Hulk come outta this guy lol :p

It'll be an orange Fanta Hulk, though :lol:

Dean, I love these cheap mods you are coming up with but I think I agree with vlad, conduit looks fine.

P.S. are you on extended leave or are you trying to get your headlights onto every topic simultaneously?

:lol:

keep the cheap mods coming!

:lol: I have 2 weeks left in air force, so i work 8am-9am at the moment.... i have a bit of spare time and all i can do is: play Call of duty, watch youtube fail compilation, and chat on the forum :( what a sad life i have haha

Indeed i am, well you could change my mind on the rubber idea, ive just always thought the rubber looks expensive :p Should be there about 10ish :)

I've done mine with blue plastic conduit off eBay, looks ok :)

photo_zpsf3aa7014.jpg

That does look quite good, but i think because you have the rubber liquid hoses, it all matches in. Where as id still have the black oem hoses, i think blue conduit might stand out too much in bad way?

Was looking at these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c759dd775

But im not sure on the sizes of engine bay cables. Wether to remove the black cable cover and replace with the blue rubber, or to just put the blue rubber over the black cable cover?

Good luck cutting the length of that in a straight line!

Edited by AliveBoy