Lighting help

Zimjason

Hey guys

I have a 2004 plate nissian 350z

I'm looking at changing the side lights the number plate lights and the rear tail lights and fog lights and reversing nights I can't find anywhere what fitting they are to buy as is w5w etc can anyone help please?

Side lights - 2x W5W Amber LED's

Number plate lights - 2x W5W White LED's

Rear tail lights - 2x T20 Red LED

Fog light - 1x T20 Red LED

Reversing light - 1x T20 White LED

And incase you get further itches to upgrade to leds...

Interior dome lights - 2x 31mm White Festoon LEDs

Boot Light - 1x W5W White LED

Vanity Mirrors - 27mm White Festoon LEDs (you wont find these, they need to be custom made...)

I have upgraded all of mine (aside from tail lights as I have the newer led clusters). This is all available with a bit of searching though ;)

The only thing you need to be careful with is the length of the bulbs. Theres no way in hell 99% of the W5W amber bulbs (sidelights) will fit inside of the zeds light units. Same with the vanity mirrors, you need very specific bulbs. Space is also tight in the reverse clusters.

Edited by cs2000

^^ Basically what he said ~ sidelights/side indicators/boot light & number plate bulbs are commonly know as 501 bulbs. Rear & front indicators/fog light as T20 bulbs and in case you want to change the stop/tail lights they are T20 twin filament bulbs. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

does the fog light have to be a red led or will a white one suffice with the red lens ? Same as brake/stop tail...

Good question ~ I would imagine you'd be ok with white as they do shine through a red lense as you mentioned ~ tbh though I don't know so maybe some of the other guys will know for definite.

Just bought 24 LED Stop & Tail lights for my Zed which are red if that helps ~ going to change them this weekend after they arrive. :thumbs:

The fog light can be white, it just makes the light slightly pink-ish, I did 2x MOT's with it however and never failed. Red makes more sense though. Remember, white light is a mix of red, green and blue, your then pushing this through a red lens which will filter out all of the green and blue light anyway so you may as well buy a red bulb!

Yes, all external bulbs are wedge (aside from the headlamps) as far as I know. Mostly W5W's or T20's.