Trackday: Bedford 18th Jan

Will370z

A few of us will be heading over to Bedford for a track day on the 18th of January. Will be the first time we test out the BMW with its new wheels.

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/bedford.htm

I believe there is a zed signed up on that date too - anyone from here?

If anyone is interested there are still some places free and it seems a good price, the more the merrier.

Seems cheap and a track I've not done.

I think me and my mate are going to the Silverstone Goldtrack day on the 8th Feb.

I'll have to keep my eye on the Trackday section of the forum, there appears to be a quite a few days that people go too.

Have to be quick if you want to book though, looked today and there are only 6 spaces left.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/

I think Bedford GT is a really good track, quite long so a fair few corners to remember but it all flows really well in my opinion. Plus its got a really long straight to go really fast! :D

A few of us will be heading over to Bedford for a track day on the 18th of January. Will be the first time we test out the BMW with its new wheels.

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/bedford.htm

I believe there is a zed signed up on that date too - anyone from here?

If anyone is interested there are still some places free and it seems a good price, the more the merrier.

That'll be me. :) it would be nice to see some other Zeds there. A friend who has the m3 will be going too.

Bloody early start but the weather looks like it may hold out. :)

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 1

Would have really loved to come especially after resetting my LSD to get a direct comparison since I drove it on the other configuration here.

However not enough time now to get my suspension set up, new front MPS 2 and meet other commitments for this weekend.

Hope to see you guys race your Beemer and share a race track with you guys soonðŸ‘

Enjoy and hopefully the weather holds.

I've got an action cam strapped to my helmet from previous track days, so hopefully will be able to share some footage with you guys.

My friend's M3 is faster, and it's not a race ;) however, I just hope I can outpace those saxos! :lol:

Bedford is a great track, and for £89 it was a steal.

looking forward to seeing you both there! look out for a ropey dark green E36 saloon, that'll be us! while we might not have the power of an m3, we're running nice and light so can certainly see off the pesky FWD brigade if its dry... however in the wet we'd be overtaken by a mobility scooter! :lol:

• Like 1

I'm gutted - it only recored the start and the end of the E36 run :(

I'm further annoyed as owing to the fact my head was being pushed down from the roof the camera was only recording the dash and hardly anything out of the screen! I'll post what I can once I've got everything in order, I'll post my spin too :p

Cars that I could shake:

Alfa 147 GTA

MX5s

BMW Z4

VW R32

Heavily stripped out Saxos

Golf GTi Mk3

Ford Fiesta ST

Cars that I couldn't shake:

BMW M3

Heavily stripped out E36 driven by some madmen (;))

VX220

Mini Cooper GP (bloody fast!)

Cars that were much faster than me:

Porsche 911 Turbo

Porsche 911 GT3

Nissan GTR

Silvia S15

BMW M3 CSL

Audi R8

I'll think of more later.

Here's one vid so far of Will370z and me out on track