HARMLU - Build project to FI

HARMLU

So I've had the car 2 years and have decided to supercharge it over this summer. The car came as almost standard, and since I have added a Horsham plenum spacer, stainless y-pipe and 5zigen back box (came with car). The car did come with some drilled discs also. This was all done up to the point I decided to supercharge it. Here is a list of parts for the build:

Parts list

Suspension/stance

Tein Springs - done

Eibach 20/25mm spacers - done

Eibach anti roll bars

Poly bushes

Bilstein dampers - possibly

Bodywork/spruce up

Re spray front bumper

De badge and smooth

Powder coat 'w brace'

Powder coat wiper arms

Powder coat top plenum

Z speed under tray

Engine

Aam basic fuel return

Walbro 255 fuel pump

ID725 injectors

Mishimoto thermostatic oil cooler

AEM oil temp and wide band gauge

Phormula KS-3 knock analyser

Aam sump spacer

Vortech v3 tuner kit

Horsham up rev

Interior/ice

Pioneer deh-x9600bt head unit

Single din gauge plate

Re con steering wheel - wip

Brakes/clutch

HEL brake lines

Ferodo ds2500 pads

Brembo drilled rotors - done

So I received my tein springs and eibach spacers from Ewen @clark Motorsport last week along with bonnet dampers from Ian (I4N).

So today started like this...

5e4y5a8e.jpg

Usual story, wind blowing front of the cover up. Plan to fabricate a longitudinal strap as I tend to leave under the cover for a couple of weeks at a time.

Cover off and this is the view of the wheels... Soon to be sorted with the eibach spacers!

y4ahuzap.jpg

With a little help from scruff, I managed to get the first wheel off...

repuzazu.jpg

Front jacked up, and out with the struts, a helpful tip here is to have both sides jacked up to allow the drop link to just fall out once undone :thumbs:

za8yduru.jpg

So out with the old and in with the new. Another handy tip is before removing the strut, just crack off the top mount nut :teeth:

su2umada.jpg

So same on other side, and on to the rear springs... In the meantime a bird managed to crap right on my strut bar!!

5yvu4yqa.jpg

So this is the front wheel look now with the eibach spacers on...

9ypybygy.jpg

Rears are really easy, just jack up the rear, remove wheels, support cup and un do cup pin.

e4a4y6yq.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new..

4ury4ara.jpg

With some more help from scruff...

ysame5ug.jpg

Just spacer to pop on before wheels, and repeat on other side! Only just managed to do it in time for dark after I did the bonnet dampers and cleared up, so I'll add some more photos tomorrow :thumbs:

rusy3aqu.jpg

Edited by HARMLU
  • Like 2

Nice work Luke. Fudge (my cat) always seems to lend a hand when I'm working on my car too :thumbs: Loves sitting on the plenum when the bonnet is open, especially if I've had the car running :lol:

So the new stance which is exactly the look I was going for with the tein springs and eibach spacers. 4-wheel alignment done, along with nitrogen in the tyres as it's a pain to keep topping up with this reduction in temperature every time I come back (rude not to for £4.80 plus unlimited top ups!).

The tein springs are brilliant, a slightly harder ride but more for looks. I plan to put eibach anti roll bars on at some point down the line with poly bushes so should help keep everything nice and firm and without dropping the car too much.

y9yvuqe3.jpg

Pic of the engine bay. Nothing special going on yet. Just a plenum spacer and AEM short ram. Plan to do something with the top plenum also.

2unatu7e.jpg

And of course the bonnet dampers thanks to I4N.

uvave9yv.jpg

For the back end, I've just done the wiper delete which looks the dogs nackers for a cheap mod

qu7u7y3y.jpg

Just need to restore some shine in to the headlights at some point, but or now, she's back under the cover until next time.

Edited by HARMLU

I fitted my Tein springs today, pretty impressed with them. Did you find that the three 12mm nuts that hold the front strut top mounts on didn't tighten much? I couldn't get mine very tight as they kept spinning once wound all the way in for some reason.

Edited by Jp606

I fitted my Tein springs today, pretty impressed with them. Did you find that the three 12mm nuts that hold the front strut top mounts on didn't tighten much? I couldn't get mine very tight as they kept spinning once wound all the way in for some reason.

Hmmm, no mine went back in completely normally. Was it the same both sides? And on all 3?

UPDATE - added to #1.

Parts list

Suspension/stance

Tein Springs - done

Eibach 20/25mm spacers - done

Eibach anti roll bars

Poly bushes

Bilstein dampers - possibly

Bodywork/spruce up

Re spray front bumper

De badge and smooth

Powder coat 'w brace'