Why is it

zxrob

When you have a nice car and try to keep it nice it's hard work

My Z is my sunny weekend toy, keept in the garge, only comes out for a drive and a clean, my qashqai is my daily drive, out in all conditions

So, why is it I manage to scratch the Z (albeit very small and will cut out) in the garage and the qashqai out in the storms is untouched,

Grrrrrh

Rob

Very true. Even though my zed is my daily, I still try to keep her mint. Parking away from everyone else in car parks to avoid door dents. Come out to find some idiot has parked next to me and opened the door onto my zed and scratched it! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got annoyed at my mate the other day. We got into my Polo to go to the gym and it was parked on the drive next to the Z. Guess what he does...opens the door and knocks it against the Z even though he had enough space to get in without open the door fully. Cheeky bugger then goes "Oh don't worry it was nothing! And it's only materialistic!" I'd love for him to say if I foot him with a bill for damages and say "Don't worry, money is only materialistic" Should have made him walk to the gym :lol:

I used to work in a Hotel, in the year and a half i worked there my car (not a zed) was like it had been parked in Beirut, same too with my girlfriend of the time who also worked there!

When i was there i had a call from one of the accounts ladies that she had just watched a woman try to reverse into a parking space and had hit my girlfriends car. I went down to watch the cctv footage and it was quite comical, two oldish dears, one got out to "guide" her in to the space but all she managed to do was guide her onto the rear corner of my girlfriends car, the driver got out, they rubbed the scuff a bit, exchanged some words and still parked next to it! I blocked them in with my car and awaited the call. Reception phoned to say i was blocking someone in, i went down, greeted them and was sorry i had blocked them in etc, opened my door and just as i was about to get in, i said, at what point were you going to tell me you had reversed into my girlfriends car, the reply, we didnt know it was your girlfriends like it was ok, lol, they then tried to deny it saying it was already like it and then they got quite angry when i said it had been recorded on cctv with comments like, thats what bumpers are for and what do you expect us to do about it!!

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

I used to work in a Hotel, in the year and a half i worked there my car (not a zed) was like it had been parked in Beirut, same too with my girlfriend of the time who also worked there!

When i was there i had a call from one of the accounts ladies that she had just watched a woman try to reverse into a parking space and had hit my girlfriends car. I went down to watch the cctv footage and it was quite comical, two oldish dears, one got out to "guide" her in to the space but all she managed to do was guide her onto the rear corner of my girlfriends car, the driver got out, they rubbed the scuff a bit, exchanged some words and still parked next to it! I blocked them in with my car and awaited the call. Reception phoned to say i was blocking someone in, i went down, greeted them and was sorry i had blocked them in etc, opened my door and just as i was about to get in, i said, at what point were you going to tell me you had reversed into my girlfriends car, the reply, we didnt know it was your girlfriends like it was ok, lol, they then tried to deny it saying it was already like it and then they got quite angry when i said it had been recorded on cctv with comments like, thats what bumpers are for and what do you expect us to do about it!!

I hope you got them to pay out for it! :boxing:

For sure and because they were so rude, lied and tried to get away with it, it wasnt a dent wizard syle touch in, whole bumper was sprayed :)

An even older lady eventually smashed into the front of my car before i left, she paid for a new headlight and bumper ;) funnily enough, the hotel banned her from the car park because she had hit loads of other cars in the past, there wasnt one straight panel on her car, tragic really these people are on the roads!

I have noticed a particular trend of late of people not indicating, anyone else noticed it seems to be popular now?

Edited by Jetpilot

On my first driving test way back in the 90s, I was stuck trying to enter a one way system come roundabout and muttered in my frustration 'no one is using indicators how can I get out'...when I did get out I then exited the otherside without using my indicators! Needless to say I failed and the instructor made a point of highlighting that incident, stuck with me, I always indicate! Lesson learned!

Edited by coldel

For sure and because they were so rude, lied and tried to get away with it, it wasnt a dent wizard syle touch in, whole bumper was sprayed :)

An even older lady eventually smashed into the front of my car before i left, she paid for a new headlight and bumper ;) funnily enough, the hotel banned her from the car park because she had hit loads of other cars in the past, there wasnt one straight panel on her car, tragic really these people are on the roads!

I have noticed a particular trend of late of people not indicating, anyone else noticed it seems to be popular now?

Audi drivers here need shot. They don't use their indicators here and take two lanes on roundabouts! On a big roundabout if people don't indicate it slows everyone down.

• Like 1

Audi drivers here need shot. They don't use their indicators here and take two lanes on roundabouts! On a big roundabout if people don't indicate it slows everyone down.

I think thats just Audi drivers in general, Chelsea tractors are pretty bad too :)

• Like 1

I park my car as far from people as possible. I once parked my car at the other end of morrisons. Which was empty as I needed to go for a meeting near by. For some reason two old biddies drove all the way through the car park and even though there was only 2 cars in the whole car park, they decided to park but up against a mine. So I thought bugger this... I'll move it. As I did I scuffed the front bumper on a high curb !!! Aaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaahhhghghghgh!!!!!!!!!

My trips in my car are dictated by the space I can park it in. The best ones are the spaces that knowone wants to park in. Like the multiple car park with two pillars with various red and blue paint scratched on them. Park it right and you will never have someone door you.