Removing Seats Query

14N

Hi guys,

I want to remove my seats to give them and the interior a spruce up.

I have the heated electric GT seats and (with the airbags in mind) will disconnect the battery before unplugging everything.

Obviously this means I won't be able to adjust the seats once this is done. I'll slide the seats folly forward and backwards to remove the 4 mounting bolts first, but, is there a seat/tilt position which makes the seats easier to pull out the car? i.e. tilted fully forward?

Cheers in advance,

Ian :thumbs:

Edited by 14N

Another query (but not :offtopic: ).... If I were to start the car with a seat 'unplugged', would this trigger the airbag light? And if it did, would the airbag light go out once the seats are plugged in again?

Haven't started yet, but like to have the answer to all the 'what if' questions before I do :lol:

Be careful with the connectors under the seats Ian they are a pain to get to and each is a different type! Not much in the way of slack in the cables either :lol:

I took my seats out now and again for cleaning and rerouting cables etc, its also easy to give the seats a really good clean up too and not a big job once you know about the connectors its 4 bolts each side, 5 minute job :thumbs:

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

HELP PLEASE! Anybody. Somebody.....

How the heck do the yellow and white block connectors come apart?? :shrug:

Appreciate this'll be difficult to explain over the forum, but they've got me beat. I'm gonna end up breaking something soon! The seats are unbolted and free, the battery is disconnected but I've fallen at the last hurdle. :(