Exhaust guru's

Roscoe

Evening everyone,

been thinking about getting a new cat back exhaust for my hr zed now for the last couple of months.

Have been looking at the likes of milltek etc, but today went to a custom exhaust shop to get some ideas, they recommended new y pipe going into a 3 inch bore size pipe.

I've been speaking to a few people which have said that is too big for the power of the car and can actually reduce bhp if too much back pressure is lost...

What are your thoughts on this? The reason I was looking into custom exhausts is that the company who make these give a lifetime guarantee and have very good reviews from word of mouth and online.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I just didn't want to jump into getting a custom one made if it potentially could upset the pressures and lose bhp. I'm not really up to speed on na exhausts as my previous cars were turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There's a lot to consider, Scorpion and Cobra are both good budget traditional style exhausts. Miltek too but a little on the quiet side.

Custom options can be good too but resale value is very low should you have to sell on at any point.

Then there is the true dual style that range from £800 - £1500..

I currently have 5% off the range (excluding Cobra) so it's a good time to buy if you are in the market for a branded system.

Invidia true dual, an excellent system :)

+1. Worth every penny, ....and Berks HFC's while you're at it. B):thumbs:

+1

Think tarmacsports has them for 850 pounds if im not wrong, its a true dual system, well worth it, sounds awesome to, no rasp rather like deep and good sound, and not to loud, think with good restineted hfc or test pipes its around 94-95dB, less with OEM cats

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Invidia_350Z_GEMINI_ROLLED_TITANIUM_TIPS_CAT-BACK/HS02N3ZGID_.aspx

You can also get them with stainless steel tips.

Edited by Aglii

For what its worth when my car was stock it was dyno'd abbeys, then when the cobra went on it was dyno'd again at abbeys before the stage 1 mods and it gained 4bhp. Not alot but a gain none the less. 3 inch bore is fine for the capacity of our engines anything bigger will lose power. The motordyne system is 3 inch I believe the xyz exit certainly exits on 3 inches. And the motordyne exhausts are proven to make power

+1

Think tarmacsports has them for 850 pounds if im not wrong, its a true dual system, well worth it, sounds awesome to, no rasp rather like deep and good sound, and not to loud, think with good restineted hfc or test pipes its around 94-95dB, less with OEM cats

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Invidia_350Z_GEMINI_ROLLED_TITANIUM_TIPS_CAT-BACK/HS02N3ZGID_.aspx

You can also get them with stainless steel tips.

I have stainless steel in stock, also for the month of Jan they have 5% off which is a steal, I would be quick though as a lot of the suppliers have started putting prices up already :(

Regarding the Invidia...... Is there any droning in the cabin at either motorway speeds, or in fact at all? Like the OP I am looking for an exhaust, currently have a True Dual HKS Style with Berk HFC's but too much droning for me.

Thanks

Graeme