black leather seats... help!

Spatt

Modern leather only really needs to be cleaned as they are essentially lacquered to protect them. Cleaning can be done with anything from a suitably diluted APC (all purpose cleaner - readily available from any supermarket for a pittance) and a wipe down with a cloth to dedicated leather cleaners and brushes.

If your leather's in good condition, PM Envy Valeting on here about these.

If it needs a deeper clean then I've only used Raceglaze Leather Cleaner with a soft bristle brush, and have also used Raceglaze Leather Balm too (both of which I would recommend) and the AutoGlym Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (neither of which I would recommend).

I'd also recommend giving the steering wheel and gear knob a once over every so often too as these areas attract much more dirt and oils from the almost constant contact with your hands - although I shouldn't have to point this out I will anyway, but if you're using anything on the steering wheel in particular then always ensure the product is fully dry (and if necessary buffed) and not slippery before driving the car again!

You want Gliptone Leather Cleaner, Gliptone Leather Conditioner and a leather cleaning brush and a couple of cloths. Really easy to use and clear instructions on the bottle. I keep treating it regularly to maintain the leather smell and matte look.

+1 I've tried a few different makes and Gliptone is def the best

Either do it just after you have been out in the car or hang a hair dryer off the interior mirror for a while, the leather responds much better if its warm or if you have heated seats put them on for a while

Edited by GIXXERUK

Ok cheers for the info. Autoglym products are garbage and in my opinion for people who thing they know detailing or people who have been bought a kit and they still have it after 10 years and everythings probably gone off.. rant ovet.

yeah I just used some leather cream that I stole from mums cupboard (think its for our sofa) but seats came up lovely and I did the steering wheel and I did my gator cover too and its come up a treat. Dont even know the thing is leather haha.. anyways im that happy I might put a couple of pictures on my ' build' thread.

oh.. put wax on my carbon fibre interior. .. coz I can and its shiny as hell now * bing*

Ok cheers for the info. Autoglym products are garbage and in my opinion for people who thing they know detailing or people who have been bought a kit and they still have it after 10 years and everythings probably gone off.. rant ovet.

So you don't like autoglym products then :lol: :lol:

I just use some sofa cleaner we've got in the cupboard too and the seats come up lovely :thumbs: