Re-trimmed wheel

andywatson

Cheers Dave. Can't wait to get it on it smells amazing

Waiting for mine to come back, perforated leather top and bottom and alcantara sides, also moulded grips and flattened of at the bottom :)

Please post pics of this ASAP!! Sounds just what I wanted. Thanks HJ

Waiting for mine to come back, perforated leather top and bottom and alcantara sides, also moulded grips and flattened of at the bottom :)

I will when I get it back, it's not a Zed wheel though :p

I will when I get it back, it's not a Zed wheel though :p

Ah I'm not fussed. Just the materials, shape and finish I want to see :-)

No airbag in it. It's basically leather over the raised emblem underneath. Didn't take a photo of the first effort it was that bad :lol: but this is miles better

Might try ironing it a bit so the emblem looks a bit sharper. With a thin cloth in between so I don't burn the leather

Try a heatgun on the centre pad. As long as it's good leather and you don't heat the same area for too long at one time, it should help to mould the leather to the raised emblem underneath, making it's definition sharper. :)

I know plenty about leather in general and steering wheels in particular so it's always good to ask :)

Fitted

7y4adesa.jpg

Looks fricken awesome Dave!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, feels lovely in my hands too ;)

I think this might NEED to be my next investment for the Z. I love the flat bottomed look and I'm used to driving with one from driving a ds3 so long.

Fitted

7y4adesa.jpg

I think this might NEED to be my next investment for the Z. I love the flat bottomed look and I'm used to driving with one from driving a ds3 so long.

Just got a DS3 for my missus, I like the shape of the wheel but the silver bit is really cheap, might get that one trimmed too ;)

Fitted

7y4adesa.jpg

Just got a DS3 for my missus, I like the shape of the wheel but the silver bit is really cheap, might get that one trimmed too ;)

Yeah typical French. Poorly made but actually a decent design. DS3s are great cars! Can't go wrong with one of them

Fitted

7y4adesa.jpg

Yeah typical French. Poorly made but actually a decent design. DS3s are great cars! Can't go wrong with one of them

Ours is the 155 thp and it goes like a pocket rocket!