Las Vegas for Christmas gift. Recommendations

wizurd

Read Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas before you go too, it's sort of a manual of how to approach the place.

Best comment on here! Actually laughed out loud on the train

There is nothing more depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions all. Managed to get a good deal through Thomas Cook and have got a room in ceasars palace including breakfast :D

It's as much a present for me as the gf really but can't wait to see her face tomorrow when she's knows we're going.

May well be asking more questions on things to do on top of what people have already said.

Bring on Vegas baby!

If you can face an early start to the day then I'd recommend a hot air balloon ride (they have to take off VERY early in the morning as it's the only time the air is suitably cool. We were picked up from our hotel for the trip at 4.45am!). I actually bought mine on LV Groupon but we were very lucky as the local parachuting and wing jumping boys were with us and they were leaping out of our basket. Madness. Trip was only meant to be about 25 mins but we had over an hour.

I'm not really into the big shows but having said that I'd like to see Britney's show as she's now in residence and will be when you're there too. I don't really like her music but the American's do OTT pop performances so well it's worth the spectacle. Rapper Lil Wayne was in town when I was last there in early Sept, he was at the MGM and that was great. If I was there whilst a boxing match was on I'd probs try and get tickets if only for the atmosphere.

In Sept we stayed at the Tropicana, great hotel but decided to stay an extra night in Vegas and changed to the Excalibur which is just across the road and only £12 a night lol. No wifi in the rooms at the Excalibur but for £12 who's complaining. I've also stayed at the Mirage and the Luxor, both good too and often cheap as chips(ha!) the rooms.

If you've got a crappy tattoo then see if A&E's BadInk (http://www.aetv.com/bad-ink) are filming on the strip and you might get a free coverup and chance to be on TV lol.

Looks like your going in June OP but if anyone's there in early Novemeber then try and blag tickets to SEMA...basically the biggest modding convention in the world.

I bloody love Vegas - hope you have a brilliant time.

S.

EDIT - just to add a bit more about Las Vegas' Groupon - have a look on there as lots of deals on things like the buffets as well as excursions.

Edited by Squee

Cheers Squee. That hot air balloon ride sounds good to me. May well try that, although won't be jumping out of it lol.

I'm going in sept as it happens. Shame it wasn't Nov now that you've mentioned sema.

I'll try the Las Vegas Groupon that's an excellent idea!

Cannot wait. Gf gets the present in the morning so she'll be chuffed as well I hope.