2007 313 ROADSTER

djb55

Hi I was wondering has anyone else had a similar issue to the one Im having at the moment, car starts and runs fine until warmed up, then on pressing the throttle at just over tickover it has a flat spot, very slight, but enough to make it jerk on take off and when in slow moving traffic in 2nd gear. Other than that it runs fine with no ECU lights.

Car has done 32000 miles and full NSH

Any ideas ?

I had a 2007 313 HR Roadster from 22,000 to 42,000 miles. And I experienced this a couple of times after I fitted a straight through K1 exhaust system to the car. I assumed it was just because I hadnt had it remapped and that the exhaust system was letting the exhaust gases out quicker. In my case i noticed it when I was in 2nd gear when you booted it. If I accelerated hard from 1st, through 2nd, 3rd etc. then I wouldnt get it. But if you were say cruising in 2nd then floored it you`d get what was like a small flat spot, or engine cut out for a split second.....

Thats it exactly Rabbit, hard to explain as you know. Annoying more than owt else.

Thanks Roscoe, oil change eh ?? will have a gander at the service book and see when its due.

Thanks lads

Mine was well up to date on all servicing having just had a P3, and at the time only 4 years old and plugs etc were fine.

I felt like it was more of an ignition cut out sensation, similar to as if you had hit the redline. But, once I knew it was there, I could work around it. I seem to recall it actually seemed to happen more when engine was cold, not when warmed up - which sound to be the opposite to what you are experiencing.

Mine was hesitant when pulling away, when I changed the spark plugs during a service it completely transformed it and became very smooth. This is on a 57 plate 313 which was on 54k, if they haven't already been changed then I'd recommend having them done.

We have seen this and spent a long time looking into the issue , we have found out it is a exhaust cam control issue , easily fix with a Uprev remap , either just to cur the problem or a full remap to get all the gains from the Uprev remap.

Give me a ring on 01883 731332 ext 2 or PM me on here.

thanks

• 4 years later...

My 08 car has developed this annoying habit since going back on the road after winter...thought it just needed a good blast to clear it up but its still there on pulling away and light throttle in slow moving traffic/ lower gears...I realise this thread is pretty worn but has anyone came up with a definitive solution,remap aside?