Undersealing - is it worth it?

z350convert

My car is 2005 reg and is more corroded underneath than average, probably because it spent most of its life in the Leeds area where perhaps the winters are tougher and the roads heavily salted.

What is the latest thinking on underseals, Waxoyl, Tetroseal, Dinitrol?

The car has a quieter life in Surrey now and is garaged. The rust is already present so it's a bit late but I am interested in slowing the rust process down and preventing it getting anywhere else.

Doing it myself is no longer an option, it's a filthy job and at 67 I don't bend as much.

Comments welcome.

Thanks

I undersealed my arches last year with hammer rite underseal with waxoil in it, I was suprised just how much rust there was on mine mine is an 05 and an import but all of it was just very light surface rust so I sanded back to bare metal and then applied three layers of this underseal . I would say this will have helped prevent mine for alot longer I do need to do the belly of the car tho as that too could really do with sanding down and three layers . Take a look at my build thread if you want to see pics of it all.

I undersealed my arches last year with hammer rite underseal with waxoil in it, I was suprised just how much rust there was on mine mine is an 05 and an import but all of it was just very light surface rust so I sanded back to bare metal and then applied three layers of this underseal . I would say this will have helped prevent mine for alot longer I do need to do the belly of the car tho as that too could really do with sanding down and three layers . Take a look at my build thread if you want to see pics of it all.

Had a quick look for this, couldn't find the build. Any chance of a link? Ta.

• 2 years later...