The 350z is forgiving!!

hensh65

Glad you saved it.

I had a moment like this today, again 2nd gear onto a dual carriageway, planted it and the rear end decided to go nuts!

Shocked me for some reason, which is odd as I've had quite a few rwd cars and done my fair share of drifting, both in other cars and the 350Z! Like you I saved it and life goes on :)

Edited by SamN

Im allways losing the back end of my car,

On purpose, good skills. By accident, you need to re-evaluate your driving.

No offence intended, not picking on you, I think I know exactly what you mean. Just using your post as a reference to make a point.

I dont claim to be a pro-driver, but i know how to handle the car enough to keep it in line.

We have a long standing argument with the council/mining firms as the roads end up covered in clay/mud and turn them into an ice rink. My route to work follows the exact same roads all of the lorries use to get onto the motorway so its allways a nightmare, Even my mum in her 1.4 307 has trouble keeping traction. On one particular stretch the car will spin its rears in 4th from 3krpm if you plant it. Point taken though, if you keep losing the back the chances are its the pink squashy bit behind the wheel thats the cause. Rarely is it the car/road.

• Like 2

8 sets of rear tyres in 13 months says I may have found myself in a similar situation once or twice. :lol:

I take it you work for Bridgestone and get an employee discount?

No, I just have an exceptionally bad habit of going sideways. Putting 19's on the back helped a bit as I can almost see the cash disappearing if I start being naughty :lol:

I didn't realise there were so many drift kings around here :lol:

I find that putting the clutch in straightens it quite nicely and quickly.

8 sets of rear tyres in 13 months says I may have found myself in a similar situation once or twice. :lol:

No, I just have an exceptionally bad habit of going sideways. Putting 19's on the back helped a bit as I can almost see the cash disappearing if I start being naughty :lol:

I still can't believe you drift on 19's (not calling you a liar, just mental! :teeth:)

Glad I'm not the only one. 3rd set of tyres on the 370z wheels :doh:

I find the ESP a bit over zealous. I want a little bit of a slide, a bit control. However in this weather it makes driving a little less stressful, but I'm of the mind that you shouldn't rely on driver aids or drive to the extent that the aids are taking over all the time. I usually have TC off but it can be a handful owing to it's wide tyres and torquey engine, and tend to turn it back on when I'm not in the mood but generally therefore drive more carefully anyway.