exhausts

jack

just bought a 350z its got a blitz nur single exit straight through exhaust system with sports cats . I am finding this too noisy and I would like to go back to a twin exhaust . can this be done and will it have any adverse effects on the engine . plus when using the car on short distances will this give probs to engine

I've got a Scorpion with Berks and it's just brilliant combo of not being a racket when I'm pootling around town, but "sporty" when you go in deep and hard. It's a budget option, but I don't feel it's budget quality IMO.

As per martin loads of options in both price and volume. Tarmac, Redline Styling and Coigarstore have options a plenty and knowledge to share. You'll be spoilt for choice :)

• Like 1

just bought a 350z its got a blitz nur single exit straight through exhaust system with sports cats . I am finding this too noisy and I would like to go back to a twin exhaust . can this be done and will it have any adverse effects on the engine . plus when using the car on short distances will this give probs to engine

Thanks guys... :)

Jack, welcome to Zed ownership, we have a few options that would fit the bill, the Cobra resonated system would be a good option, and I'm sure once you sell the Blitz system it will find the new purchase too... :)

More info with images here - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63096-cobra-sports-exhaust-from-cougar-store/

Drop us a call or PM and we'll be happy to help, we have on site fitting available too... :)

Edited by CS

Plenty of good systems out there that give you the flexibility of sensible around town, but open up when you boot it! I have Berks and a Fujitsubo system, on idle it is near enough stock exhaust volume. But under load it sounds wonderful.

but "sporty" when you go in deep and hard.

Insert mum joke here :lol: :lol:

I've never understood why people fit single exits on cars that come with twin exhausts, especially when they leave an exhaust cut out in the other side of the bumper.

The weight saving must be minimal and they look @*!# (my opinion, no offence to anyone with one!)

I've never understood why people fit single exits on cars that come with twin exhausts, especially when they leave an exhaust cut out in the other side of the bumper.

The weight saving must be minimal and they look @*!# (my opinion, no offence to anyone with one!)

Not for weight saving reasons, but I have a single exit. Yes I've removed the second exit hole ;) but the weight difference felt between the pieces is huge - when carrying them around. No it hasn't changed the handling of the car or anything like that, but it's big!

help just bought a z and I think I am out of my depth already 2many mods nismo body kit modified suspension adj spring dampers non standard exhaust enduction kit I don't know nothing about the mods the car manually because iv not got a manual can any1 help? .

help just bought a z and I think I am out of my depth already 2many mods nismo body kit modified suspension adj spring dampers non standard exhaust enduction kit I don't know nothing about the mods the car manually because iv not got a manual can any1 help? .

Curious as to why you bought a car you knew nothing about?

I'm sure I've read on here that the performance singles offer the best gains/reduction in flow restriction. Could be wrong though.

Interesting...

Sorry, what's actually your question? :)

Edited by SamN

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I've read on here that the performance singles offer the best gains/reduction in flow restriction. Could be wrong though.

Strictly speaking yes, but depends on size of pipe, silencers (straight through etc)

I once made a fatal error of having a twin 2" pipe made for an Rx7 thinking it would equal 4" single, its all down to pye r squared when it comes to working out volume/flow of pipe diameter :)

Wont make a huge difference on na cars anyway, much more important with forced induction when you want minimal back pressure :)

• 3 weeks later...

Curious as to why you bought a car you knew nothing about?

Curious as to why you bought a car you knew nothing about?so true mate but will get there but it may cost me