FK1000P - quick review

wizurd

Hi,

I'm not an expert at detailing but i do like my car to look clean. Sooo just a quick wash with meguiras gold class shampoo, dry and then quickly applied the above FK1000P wax/sealant.

Never used it before, previously used poorboys.

Even though i was rushing it was a breeze to apply and to buff off all by hand.

So had a swansea meet then with some guys from the forum, a blast around some of the welsh hills and then back about 7 hours later. All i did then in the morning was take the car to the local garage and just spray it with the jet wash.

Got to be said i am seriously chuffed with the way the FK has kept the dirt at bay. Like i said i'm not an expert and maybe i'm wrong but the car was fairly minging after the meet and i'm chuffed at how the dirt just dropped off. Put some pics in of the car below after the spray wash.

Just wanted to share :-) plus excuse to show pics of the car lol

20131201_135918.jpg

20131201_135938.jpg

20131201_140003.jpg

20131201_134211.jpg

20131201_134206.jpg

20131201_134201.jpg

Yep, applying FK as thinly as possible is the trick, once it's applied thinly it's very easy to remove almost regardless of how long you leave it. That said, even when it's over applied, it's still quite easy to remove once it's hazed fully but can be a bit uncooperative if you try to buff off too soon.

It is great stuff though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the FK1000P for a couple of years now and have always been advised to leave it on the car as long as possible for it to its job, in fact on one occasion left it 24hrs and still came off fairly easy. I have always topped the FK1000P with the FK Pink Wax (2685), and if you have the time, give it a 2nd coat using the "spritz n polish" method, really adds some depth and slickness. really soft, wipe on wipe off and takes the finish to another level.

In fact I might just see if I can give the car a quick going over with it in the morning :-)

Been looking at trying some "Bouncers" capture the rapture or vanilla ice. Anybody have any experience with these. Certainly get glorious reviews.

I've never found it a problem to remove - if your paint is prepped on the first application with something like lime prime lite or autobrite's eliminator, it wipes off no problem. Subsequent coats then are even easier (and layered it looks better)

Best value LSP in my opinion