You just can't own nice things these days

wmr1980

Some runt decided they couldn't work out the length of their car when reversing out of a relatively empty car park, and thought they'd help my paint job with a little bit of a rub. There's no damage per se, just some scuffing on the rear arch and bumper (I'll post pics later), but it's not that, it's the principle. Why don't people take more bloody care? And if they didn't realise they had done it they shouldn't be in a bloody car in the first place.

There's no point in stressing out over it, what's done is done... But it still upsets me.

In the new year I'll give my car to an expert detailer (recommendations welcome) to do all the swirl removal but also see if they can buff it out, I probably could do it, but paintwork and body work stuff isn't my thing really.

No point to the thread, just a bit of a rant.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that mate. Thats always a worry. So many idiots about. I had a guy in a golf on his mobile today come at me on the wrong side of the road. If I was built for combat I would have chased him down and had it out with him.

Hope you get the paint corrected soon.

Payco

It really is so disheartening when things like this happen.

I mean if they think its close when turning past your car then just back up 2 feet and get clear to make sure. Just so lazy!

I have seen some much older drivers in car parks who just dont realise they have scraped a car!

It's just annoying as the paint is in fantastic condition for the age of the car and now it has a bit of a blemish which I obviously can't help but notice. It honestly isn't THAT bad as I don't think it's gone down to the metal, but I haven't looked at it too closely. No bodywork dent at least. But it just infuriates me that people don't pay more attention and aren't more careful about other people's property.

I am built for surviving a zombie apocalypse but I wouldn't take it out on someone, but would expect them to give me either their insurance details or offer to pay for the damage. It's called common courtesy.

Thank you for letting me vent my frustration.

also i had a dude crash into the side of my car the day i bought it, best paintwork id ever seen on a car that age, it couldnt have been more mint

he was just going round and round in the outside lane of a roundabout cutting everyone up

funny thing was i said to my mate in the passenger seat 'look that guy just cut that guy up'

he went round again and eventually he hit me, then sped off

bent my rear left wheel needed 3 new panels and the spraying alone cost me £700 because QX1 white is pricey!

heres my door after it had been replaced

WP_20130603_0011_zps2656c6e6.jpg

Sorry to hear this wmr1980. :byebye: I know what it's like. Some selfish d**k did the same thing to my Impreza when I owned it and I was gutted.

Could be worse though, my old man had a new "ish" 328Ci and when he came out of work one day someone had decided it looked far to nice as it was and had keyed it all over the rear boot lid. :rant: Some sad, selfish, jealous and petty individuals about unfortunately.

• Like 1