Anyone on here an MOT tester?

AliveBoy

You can go onto the DVLA website and it will tell you all the legal requirements

for you MOT including the checks they have to perform. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I know the checks, I just need to run a 'technicality' past someone with experience of doing the tests lol

You can go onto the DVLA website and it will tell you all the legal requirements

for you MOT including the checks they have to perform. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I know the checks, I just need to run a 'technicality' past someone with experience of doing the tests lol

Technically today I installed De-Cats, and it's ruined my emissions, but yesterday it was fine, just wanted to see if you'd pass this, as it's only a small 'Technicality' ;)

What do you need to know? I can run it past the tester we use along the road.

PM me if you like

Thank you :)

I was wondering at what stage the dash lights are checked? When I clear my engine management light, it will stay off for an undefined amount of time, SO, if I clear it on their forecourt and they check it's off straight away, if it comes on after the "ok" box has been ticked, will it then fail? :lol:

the MOT is a snapshot in time - so yes you would pass - however "technically" if you got stopped by the police and it showed up ......... they could "do" you

They wouldn't know what it was for.. :surrender:

Police know what they are talking about! When I got pulled (For a *Random* Drugs search, 10 yards from my drive way might I add) they said my car could flip as lowering it has adjusted the height and the breaks need to be upgraded ( which they were).
  • Like 2

PM me if you like

I was wondering at what stage the dash lights are checked? When I clear my engine management light, it will stay off for an undefined amount of time, SO, if I clear it on their forecourt and they check it's off straight away, if it comes on after the "ok" box has been ticked, will it then fail? :lol:

According to my MOT man if the light came on during the test even after it was checked (which is at the start of the test btw) then technically it should fail but that would only be if the tester actually noticed. He said it would have to a fairly miserable *@** tester that would fail it :)

• Like 2

the MOT is a snapshot in time - so yes you would pass - however "technically" if you got stopped by the police and it showed up ......... they could "do" you

Not for having a CEL on, they couldn't. There's no law that says you cannot drive a vehicle with a CEL lit. ;)

PM me if you like

According to my MOT man if the light came on during the test even after it was checked (which is at the start of the test btw) then technically it should fail but that would only be if the tester actually noticed. He said it would have to a fairly miserable *@** tester that would fail it :)

Thank you :) muchly appreciated

They wouldn't know what it was for.. :surrender:

Police know what they are talking about! When I got pulled (For a *Random* Drugs search, 10 yards from my drive way might I add) they said my car could flip as lowering it has adjusted the height and the breaks need to be upgraded ( which they were).

Eh!!! That make every Corsa / Punto owned by a teenager a death trap, liable to flip at the first turn, or plow straight on due lack of brakes (which ever is worse) - oh sorry, just realized thats true!!!!

Seriously - if it passes the test, its fine for a year unless PC Plod finds something that is evidently wrong. Maybe your Cel light just popped on in the last 20 yards. Even then they'll prob just ask for a re-test. (needless to say, Ikea rear spoiler / matt black windows / slick tyres could all be deemed as safety related).

Edited by aidan