Correct name for bush?

onthatB0MBSHELL

Thanks guys, yeah thought it was that, but wanted to be sure, front suspension has that many components didnt want to get wrong ones. Is this known to cause front end knocking?

At what sort of speed is the knocking happening ?

Thanks guys, yeah thought it was that, but wanted to be sure, front suspension has that many components didnt want to get wrong ones. Is this known to cause front end knocking?

I would say more noticeable at low speeds, but it's more a road surface issue, an uneven surface really highlights the knocking.

I would say more noticeable at low speeds, but it's more a road surface issue, an uneven surface really highlights the knocking.

Could be Banana bar (item 11 above) but it's difficult to diagnose - also more expensive so go ARB bush first ... search 'Banana Bar' for past threads

I'm gonna say it's probably more likely to be the actual drop link than the arb bush...

Yeah from my reading threads I find it unlikely it's the ARB bushings also, but I guess I have to go with my mechanic on this,

If the ARB's are worn then I guess they need changed anyway.

Trial & error game.

I'm gonna say it's probably more likely to be the actual drop link than the arb bush...

Yeah from my reading threads I find it unlikely it's the ARB bushings also, but I guess I have to go with my mechanic on this,

Trial & error game.

I know what you're saying, but my way of thinking is, if you buy new bushes and that's not the problem, is the mechanic gonna refund you for them and not charge you labour since he hasn't done @*!# to fix the problem?

Trial & error game.

I know what you're saying, but my way of thinking is, if you buy new bushes and that's not the problem, is the mechanic gonna refund you for them and not charge you labour since he hasn't done @*!# to fix the problem?

Yeah you are 100% right, but I tried to diagnose the problem with no joy, it's been bugging me for months now.

Trial & error game.

Yeah you are 100% right, but I tried to diagnose the problem with no joy, it's been bugging me for months now.

It cost me nearly £2000 going down the route you're taking

Trial & error game.

I would take it somewhere else, not because he hasn't a clue, he may be right after all, but just to see if another mechanic diagnoses the same thing or at least the same area.

New drop links aren't that expensive and are very easy to change yourself with a few basic tools and a jack. Even if that isn't the problem, you can check them very easily before you buy replacements, or if you're planning on keeping the car for a while I'm pretty sure they'll need done at some point anyway, so it's not wasted money.

For me, it's just such a coincidence that he diagnosed an area of very common failure, but the wrong part, so I'd be going for the common known issue first.

Trial & error game.

It cost me nearly £2000 going down the route you're taking

I like stories, please continue :)