New Job Plus Winter Considerations

Z-monster

Bonjour all,

Just been given a new job in Oxford - unfortunately I'll not be able to afford a place with a parking space - so I'm considering laying up the car in a garage over Winter whilst I'm on probation in this job, prior to selling my house in Cardiff and buying in Oxford (or nearby) therefore having on tax, insurance, fuel and maintenance for a few months whilst I find my feet. The other option is to sell the Zed, of course, although its the wrong time of year so I'd probably make a loss on potential value, so I'm keen to hold on.

Questions is: How wide is the car, and will it fit into a standard non-double garage? I'm sure it will fit, but I have a feeling - with mirrors - that 1.82m width is just too wide. Anyone got photos or experience?

Also willing to listen to other options (I've got until December).

Cheers,

J

Some helpful comments there - some funny other ones!

By the way, whereabouts did you lose your feet? :lol: :lol:

I dunno! But I hear they're always the last place you look!

As pointed out I need to know if it fits a garage - looking at council owned ones they're not that wide, I have access to a couple of others in Essex, but I do not know their exact width so I'm just hoping to get a feel of experience of other members on the forums.

Im not huge but im not the smallest person tho so if your skinny you might be able to get out lol. Could be a good idea to stick foam to the walls where the doors will touch to protect your paint and doors.

Edited by Pete87
  • Like 1

Im not huge but im not the smallest person tho so if your skinny you might be able to get out lol. Could be a good idea to stick foam to the walls where the doors will touch to protect your paint and doors.

That's a good idea - I've seen garages with carpet stuck to the walls too.

Definitely worth doing this imo. Our garage fits the Zed but I always get my Mrs to watch me drive in for fear of hitting the side walls. Also it's good to have her there to hold the drivers door for me whilst I try and get out as it constantly wants to smash it's self against the brick work. :scare:

Mine goes in fine, like others say put something against wall so door doesn't hit and park as far to the left as possible, i also used some tape to mark up wall so when my wing mirror sits in line with it i know not to go any further back and front is safely in, took some working out but worth it so you don't need someone to guide you in

Edited by jumping350

Mine goes in fine, like others say put something against wall so door doesn't hit and park as far to the left as possible, i also used some tape to mark up wall so when my wing mirror sits in line with it i know not to go any further back and front is safely in, took some working out but worth it so you don't need someone to guide you in

Good suggestions!