Drifting

zolazola

Oh good not just me then! :D

I don't always turn it off - I just enjoy having a bit more control now and again. Generally I have it on, but I've owned a few powerful RWD cars so I guess I feel happy to control the car using the throttle rather than relying on TC to do everything for me. :)

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 3

Anybody enjoy turning TC off in this sort of weather for a bit of careful fun?

Never drive with it on!

Likewise! Every drive starts with engine on, TC off.

Trying to work out how to turn it off permanently.

Get a switch put into a yaw sensor. You'll need to be able to activate it for the mot. A toggle switch would keep it off all year and then you'd be able to turn it on for the mot. You've also completely deactivated it then too unlike just pressing the button when it stays partially on.

• Like 1

Never drive with it on!

Get a switch put into a yaw sensor. You'll need to be able to activate it for the mot. A toggle switch would keep it off all year and then you'd be able to turn it on for the mot. You've also completely deactivated it then too unlike just pressing the button when it stays partially on.

I've been meaning to research this. Is there a guide anywhere?

Where is this sensor and what exactly needs to be done?

Never drive with it on!

To be honest, I got jez at Horsham developments to do it, whilst they changed my belts over so I didn't actually see it being done. I'm sure a pm to him would reveal the answer as he's always been really helpful when I've asked stupid questions :)

• Like 1

Never drive with it on!

To be honest, I got jez at Horsham developments to do it, whilst they changed my belts over so I didn't actually see it being done. I'm sure a pm to him would reveal the answer as he's always been really helpful when I've asked stupid questions :)

Cheers mate I'll fire him a PM

Never drive with it on!

There is a fun way to do it... pull a handbrake turn and the vdc will be confused so it switches itself off permanently till you restart your car..

That said, I was turning into a right junction yesterday, gave the throttle minimum beans possible to move the car and around came the rear. T/C luckily caught me but I still have absolutely no idea what caused that. REo50's, was a cold day mind, probabaly ice or a metal drain cover.

One thing I would say is that once it starts sliding, the weight loves to keep it going. I was at Spa the other day in the wet and pretty much every time I was going round Bruxelles (slightly downhill RH hairpin) Id turn in, the back would come round and stay right on the lockstops until the exit. This was with no power at all, at one point I actually lifted my right foot up to show my passenger :lol

Its one corner that will bite,were you trail braking into it?

Lol is it that hard to press a button for Tc off, getting another button installed so u don't have to turn it off is super lazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not technically off when you press the button. It will still kick in as and when it decides. For example on the big bend at Lydden Hill at a BDC licensing day. Instead of drifting the corner you just lose the front end, and nearly go into the gravel pit. Having a switch put into the yaw sensor means it is completely deactivated and won't try to kill you at a moments notice.

• Like 2

It will spin up in first but wont do burnouts, some kind of link between the brake and the throttle thats massively gay. TBF, doing anything in first gear is massively gay anyway though :lol:

I remember when we broke the world record for most cars doing donuts at once, 30 of the UK's more talented drifters all lined up ready to go, then someone says "I dont know if I can remember how to do a donut ......" - instead of ridiculing him, we all suddenly realised no-one had done any for ages as 1st gear circles arent really that exciting when youre used to 3/4th gear on the lockstops :lol:

As it turned out we were OK, but 1st gear is for girls mmmmkay? ;)

• Like 1