Dan's MR2 mk3 trackpig thread (deposit taken)

Ekona

Car is now back from the garage. Handbrake works (hurrah!), both rear calipers replaced again, brake pedal still rubbish. They've now fitted a restrictor into the servo pipe to try and give some feel back, but it's not really done the job. I mean, it's better, but it's not like it should be. Emissions still miles out, so need to get that sorted before I can MOT again.

Seriously fed up with this car now. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not so far, no. I would still like to get the dodgy brakes sorted first, and I've a spare ABS unit I need to swap out but it's just time at this point. I think I'll be looking at April or May at this rate :(

How about you bud, anything sorted?

• 3 weeks later...

RIght, bit more work on this today. Finally.

Swapped out the ABS unit for the spare, however that was not without issues. All the mounting bolts came undone easy enough, however the lower three brake pipes were a bit more awkward, which meant that as you're struggling with them all your brake fluid is p*ssing out all over the floor :rant: And of course, being super-sensible I didn't bother emptying the reservoir beforehand (thinking it wouldn't take that long) so all my nice new blue brake fluid ended up over the floor. Then came the really fun job of trying to get a large box with larger brackets out from a tiny gap full of cables. Yeah, that went as well as you can imagine...

Anyways, all I needed to do was to top the fluid back up and test, so I just grabbed the spare bottle of fluid I had handy. OH NO WAIT I DIDN'T BECAUSE I DON'T CHUFFING HAVE ANY :rant: :rant: :rant:

So I can't even test it, as I've had to order some from Driftworks. Arse. Oh, and whoever said a little while ago that ATE Super Blue was now impossible to get as it was illegal, Driftworks have loads in stock if you need some :)

• 3 months later...