Krispy Kreme Engine plenum + Vortech v2 SC

Adrian@TORQEN

Right then me first lol

Honestly impressed by the effort and skill level. I suppose when u think about it it shouldn't take ages to get a sc fitted to the zed depending on boost levels but still really impressed.

So payment in donuts and pizza yer? Lol

To be fair there is alot of work involved, we were well prepared today as I had already pre assembled the SC brackets, spacers, bolts oil sump, & pre modified fuel bucket

Lol

Totally understand that. I've looked into the sc route before and there's a lot of prep work and the rest. Was only messing with the idea of a day to get it done. I'd expect what you've done to be the exception. Still seriously impressive though :D

Edited by wizurd

Right then me first lol

Honestly impressed by the effort and skill level. I suppose when u think about it it shouldn't take ages to get a sc fitted to the zed depending on boost levels but still really impressed.

So payment in donuts and pizza yer? Lol

To be fair there is alot of work involved, we were well prepared today as I had already pre assembled the SC brackets, spacers, bolts oil sump, & pre modified fuel bucket

Lol

Totally understand that. I've looked into the sc route before and there's a lot of prep work and the rest. Was only messing with the idea of a day to get it done. I'd expect what you've done to be the exception. Still seriously impressive though :D

Realistically it`s a 2day job, we still need to triple check everything, pressure test to ensure it will hold boost & ensure there is no chaffing. Plus I want to work out why the roadster has an Anchor? I know the owner is a sailor boy & all, but an anchor in a car?

We've started about 11am, did cats and Y pipe too, had about 5-6 rounds of tea, doughnuts, muffins, half hour break for pizza, put the car back on the ground, lots of banter, finished about 8:30pm, started the cat, all runs perfectly, not one single leak!

:D

Super thanks to Darren for being such a great sport.

A big thank you from one foreigner to another, together we are going to take over the world of FI.

Darren is an excellent project manager we would have shaved another hour or more in the build if Adrian didn't keep dropping bolts down the engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing surprises me with you guys, I learned more in a few hours helping Adrian help Darren than I did in all the time I owned a Zed :lol:

I only went round to hold the spanners but ended up turning the Zed engine over by hand while Darren fiddled with the clutch & Adrian held the rear end up :p

Sent from the golf club...

We've started about 11am, did cats and Y pipe too, had about 5-6 rounds of tea, doughnuts, muffins, half hour break for pizza, put the car back on the ground, lots of banter, finished about 8:30pm, started the cat, all runs perfectly, not one single leak!

A big thank you from one foreigner to another, together we are going to take over the world of FI.

Darren is an excellent project manager we would have shaved another hour or more in the build if Adrian didn't keep dropping bolts down the engine bay.

You were lucky, last time he left me down there holding a "live" fuel line. :lol:

Today consisted of pressure checking the inlet side of the car to ensure there will be no boost leaks, refitting the bumper & undertray then a nice road test. Not a single leak or fault that I can find :teeth:

031.jpg

Almost looks OEM with the Octet wire tuck, wish I had done it with mine

032.jpg

Now the zeds are resting ready for tomorrows fun day out to see Sly (Kaiser Motors) & Tophooker (disc skimmers) where the 370z is having the geometry done & discs honed in to sharpen up the drive a little.

033.jpg

Now time for a shower & then a few beers to celebrate a successful weekend of modding

• Like 2

Absolutely amazing effortt there lads, and with all that you achieved, you still didnt manage to fit silver indicator bulbs! lol

Great weekend by the sounds and looks of it, what a great place the forum is!

Am i allowed to ask the total cost of the conversion including parts etc?

You were lucky, last time he left me down there holding a "live" fuel line. :lol:

When you said "pass me a bucket quick!"

I thought it was just old age :wheelchair: