MOT Day

jonny the mod

Had mine done in September and no problem here either B) One thing though was the BERK HFCs need to be warmed up a bit before they pass the emissions but it was fine, not bad considering I bought them second hand and this is the 3rd MOT pass since I've had them Good luck to all you zed peeps. :)

Edited by Exotic

Had mine done in September and no problem here either B)One thing though was the BERK HFCs need to be warmed up a bit before they pass the emissions but it was fine, not bad considering I bought them second hand and this is the 3rd MOT pass since I've had them Good luck to all you zed peeps. :)

That's good to know. I'm hoping to get Berk HFC's at some point for my 350 & would hate for it to cause problems come MOT time. It was the same with a JDM WRX that I used to own which had a high flow sports Cat ~ always sailed through emissions when warmed up properly. :thumbs:

Had mine done in September and no problem here either B)One thing though was the BERK HFCs need to be warmed up a bit before they pass the emissions but it was fine, not bad considering I bought them second hand and this is the 3rd MOT pass since I've had them Good luck to all you zed peeps. :)

That's good to know. I'm hoping to get Berk HFC's at some point for my 350 & would hate for it to cause problems come MOT time. It was the same with a JDM WRX that I used to own which had a high flow sports Cat ~ always sailed through emissions when warmed up properly. :thumbs:

My Berks/Scorpion posed no problem today, just drove over, no kore spiritedly than usual. Sailed through :teeth:

The uprev was done before I bought it, no idea what the gains were, sorry mate - but plenty threads here will tell you typical gains if you do your breather mods first. The numbers are one thing, but it believe quite a few get more reward from the improved driveability than the numbers.

I should really get down to TDI for a dyno one day.

Edited by SuperStu

Ok, thanks for that anyway SuperStu. I'm not too bothered about the numbers anyway. I just want to make sure really that the engine runs well with whatever modifications I do to it. Thinking I'm going to stick with the panel filter I've got (K&N), get a full stainless steel exhaust system & HFC's with plenum spacer and get the UpRev done at the same time as that lot. Should run & sound a lot better after that I'm hoping plus they'll be a weight saving as my wallet will be quite a bit lighter after that lot I'm sure. :lol::thumbs:

Ok, thanks for that anyway SuperStu. I'm not too bothered about the numbers anyway. I just want to make sure really that the engine runs well with whatever modifications I do to it. Thinking I'm going to stick with the panel filter I've got (K&N), get a full stainless steel exhaust system & HFC's with plenum spacer and get the UpRev done at the same time as that lot. Should run & sound a lot better after that I'm hoping plus they'll be a weight saving as my wallet will be quite a bit lighter after that lot I'm sure. :lol::thumbs:

At the risk of getting flamed, I found the h-dev grounding kit helped with smooth running, especially coming off the gas. Also mine was feeling a bit rougher than usual (not bad, just not super smooth) turned out the earth on my scorpion had worked loose. Reconnected today, smoothness back at super on the drive home.

I highly recommend the BERK HFCs as they are also a superb fit for the zed compared to some other HFCs. Had mine installed at Abbey and they did the EML light fix for it as well. Be aware though when you first fit them they take a couple of weeks to 'bed in' as under hard acceleration you may hear some change (like a weird tapping noise) but this completely disappeared after awhile.

My Berks/Scorpion posed no problem today, just drove over, no kore spiritedly than usual. Sailed through :teeth:

Well done SuperStu another zed through!

Grounding kit? Seen a few of these on Civic's before but not on the 350's. If it helps I'll definitely put it on the shopping list. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

I know it made a difference in my Zed from the way revs drop off. Others will tell you it's snake oil. For £30 (you can make em for less if you can be bothered) I don't see how you can lose. Worse case scenario is a bit of extra colour in the bay :)

http://h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25417

Edited by SuperStu

I highly recommend the BERK HFCs as they are also a superb fit for the zed compared to some other HFCs. Had mine installed at Abbey and they did the EML light fix for it as well. Be aware though when you first fit them they take a couple of weeks to 'bed in' as under hard acceleration you may hear some change (like a weird tapping noise) but this completely disappeared after awhile.

Thanks for the info Exotic ~ I'm thinking of this for next year & although Abbey is 2-3hrs from me that's where I was thinking of going. ;)

Grounding kit? Seen a few of these on Civic's before but not on the 350's. If it helps I'll definitely put it on the shopping list. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

I know it made a difference in my Zed from the way revs drop off. Others will tell you it's snake oil. For £30 (you can make em for less if you can be bothered) I don't see how you can lose. Worse case scenario is a bit of extra colour in the bay :)

http://h-dev.co.uk/p...oducts_id=25417

Thanks again SuperStu ~ For £30 I think I'll just go for it. Will be after Christmas now but definitely on the Zeds shopping list. :lol::thumbs:

Thanks for the info Exotic ~ I'm thinking of this for next year & although Abbey is 2-3hrs from me that's where I was thinking of going. ;)

http://h-dev.co.uk/p...oducts_id=25417

Thanks again SuperStu ~ For £30 I think I'll just go for it. Will be after Christmas now but definitely on the Zeds shopping list. :lol::thumbs:

A textbook stocking filler.