decided to go for something a bit different

sidekickdmr

[. It's not an aliiance that appeals to me TBH. Unlike the Jaguar and Land Rover which seem to compliment each other.

They wont be complimenting each other much longer ;)

I beg to differ. I read an article that said the ties between Jaguar and Land Rover are too deep to sepearate them. At least in the short term. Don't forget all the V8's are now Jaguar units and I'm sure there's lots more shared running gear. This is why Ford are sellign both. They picked on Aston as they said this could operate as a separate business and didn't reallt want to sell LR and Jaguar, but their too deep in a mess.

The way I read it is that they are lumping Jag into the LR sale, and whoever buy's it will just asset strip LR and let the Jag name go to the wolves as it is a loss making operation :)

[. It's not an aliiance that appeals to me TBH. Unlike the Jaguar and Land Rover which seem to compliment each other.

I beg to differ. I read an article that said the ties between Jaguar and Land Rover are too deep to sepearate them. At least in the short term. Don't forget all the V8's are now Jaguar units and I'm sure there's lots more shared running gear. This is why Ford are sellign both. They picked on Aston as they said this could operate as a separate business and didn't reallt want to sell LR and Jaguar, but their too deep in a mess.

The way I read it is that they are lumping Jag into the LR sale, and whoever buy's it will just asset strip LR and let the Jag name go to the wolves as it is a loss making operation :)

Read this from the Guardian today. It says : -

both make models on the same production line at Halewood on Merseyside. They also share headquarters and product engineering at Gaydon and a design and development centre at Whitley near Coventry. The ties between them suggest they may have to be sold together.

See http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0, ... ess+latest

Splitting the 2 would take time and cost money, which is why I said they could not be split in the short term.

Read this from the Guardian today. It says : -

both make models on the same production line at Halewood on Merseyside. They also share headquarters and product engineering at Gaydon and a design and development centre at Whitley near Coventry. The ties between them suggest they may have to be sold together.

See http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0, ... ess+latest

Splitting the 2 would take time and cost money, which is why I said they could not be split in the short term.

short term , OK... but I wouldnt take a big loan out if I worked for Jaguar :teeth: or a little one come to :surrender: that

The VQ35DE has been used in about 20 different variants; 18 Nissan and 2 Renault (Vel Satis and Espace). An early usage was in 2001 for the Pathfinder. It is most DEFINITELY a Nissan-developed engine not Renault and the mis-information that it is a Renault keeps cropping up but it is quite incorrect - and has been pointed out many times before :dry:

And to quote wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

If you do search on Vw35DE you will indeed get references to it being a Nissan engine as this is Nissan's product number for it The equivalent number for the Renault Vel Satis is V4Y 701. The question is who designed it and which came first. Since the Nissan / Renault alliance the answer maybe it was a joint development.

Guest prescience
The VQ35DE has been used in about 20 different variants; 18 Nissan and 2 Renault (Vel Satis and Espace). An early usage was in 2001 for the Pathfinder. It is most DEFINITELY a Nissan-developed engine not Renault and the mis-information that it is a Renault keeps cropping up but it is quite incorrect - and has been pointed out many times before :dry:

And to quote wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

If you do search on Vw35DE you will indeed get references to it being a Nissan engine as this is Nissan's product number for it The equivalent number for the Renault Vel Satis is V4Y 701. The question is who designed it and which came first. Since the Nissan / Renault alliance the answer maybe it was a joint development.

Of course they'll have their own number for it :)

It has only been used in 2 minor Renault models or variants thereof vs 18 Nissan ones, so if it were a joint development the major partner in the Alliance didn't get much benefit from it did they ;)

And a bit more evidence from Nissan Global

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/COMPANY ... index.html

I know you know the score and I know you've argued this before ;)

• 10 months later...
Being a Renault its probably fallen to bits by now, well that's my experience of French made cars :dry:

Lol, our cars are almost French, given who owns Nissan. ;)

You could say Brits are almost French, only seperated by the channel, but them be fighting words :boxing:

i test drove one of these before deciding on the new shape s3, just felt and drove so much better, and even with the lsd it is still prone to loosing grip where it shouldnt...

has potential, also if anyone has seen the handbrake im just not sure id get used to that, its like a throttle from an airplane...

(also point out i brought the zed on the way to placing order of S3 and never looked back :) )