decided to go for something a bit different

sidekickdmr

Hi :D

not sure if you rember but i was on here looking to buy a second hand 350z in sunset!

after thinking about it a lot thaught it would be sensible to go for something brand new.... i didnt have £30k in my pocket so just brought one of these! Picked it up last saturday! :yahoo:

imagegallery5.jpg

megane_r26_04.jpg

Renaultsport Megane 230 F1 R26

0-60 in 6 sec

LSD

trick suspention setup

what ya think.....good choice?

Nice. Look good in the flesh. My daughter has just bought a 2005 Megane 1.9 dCi and she's really pleased with it.

Best remind the guys here that Renault and Nissan are the same company now. The engine in the Zed is a Renault from thw Val Satis.... ;)

Sorry but i hate those with a passion!

Too many lines, odd rear and for what you are paying for it and what you lose the minute you drive it out, its not worth it at all.

But if you are happy, thats all that counts :teeth:

dorry to disopoint but yes i got the decals....look good in the flesh!

they are actually v v quick, taking it up to RS tuning in leeds soon for a remap, that will give me 270 BHP and 314 torque!:teeth:

i wasnt to sure on the yellow....was going to get black but when i saw this in the flesh it was amzing! its not a normall yellow... on this car for metallic paint its £300 extra but for the liquid yellow its £1200 extra....its like a silver/green/yellow/gold flip paint!

yeh i got a v good deal too

Have to admit that I was looking a while back at maybe changing to a hot hatch and this was top of the list.....

Agreed, it is by far the best handling and quickest point to point hot hatch around......

The paint does look good in the sunlight, a bit similar to UY but probably with a bit more flip to it.

So is this as a second car or instead of your Zed that you've sold? I'm lost.... :blush:

Nice. Look good in the flesh. My daughter has just bought a 2005 Megane 1.9 dCi and she's really pleased with it.

Best remind the guys here that Renault and Nissan are the same company now. The engine in the Zed is a Renault from thw Val Satis.... ;)

Erhmmm i think i have to step in here and clarify something

Nissan and Renault are NOT the same company... they are an ALLIANCE , where the best of each is shared to ensure the highest value is provided to the end user... ( no one rules over the other... and no one has a say in each others business, but they share resources to improve efficiencies.)

So Nissan can give presence to Renault outside of Europe, share technology ( V6 engines , petrol engines, 4WD, Off road know how etc as well as reliability standards...)

and Renault can give competitive suppliers, diesel technology, and cost reductions through bulk

Both can share developments which will end up as different and synergetic products...

So not the same... I just though I clarify this for the sake of anyone working for Nissan in this forum.... :p

Jeee i can talk some babble...

I am under impression also that the VQ- is a Nissan developed, series of engines, which I though was sourced by Renault for the VelSatis, not the other way round...

Erhmmm i think i have to step in here and clarify something

Nissan and Renault are NOT the same company... they are an ALLIANCE , where the best of each is shared to ensure the highest value is provided to the end user... ( no one rules over the other... and no one has a say in each others business, but they share resources to improve efficiencies.)

So Nissan can give presence to Renault outside of Europe, share technology ( V6 engines , petrol engines, 4WD, Off road know how etc as well as reliability standards...)

and Renault can give competitive suppliers, diesel technology, and cost reductions through bulk

Both can share developments which will end up as different and synergetic products...

So not the same... I just though I clarify this for the sake of anyone working for Nissan in this forum.... :p

Jeee i can talk some babble...

I am under impression also that the VQ- is a Nissan developed, series of engines, which I though was sourced by Renault for the VelSatis, not the other way round...

That was my understanding of the VQ - designed by Nissan and used by Renault, not the other way round. I thnk Kev knows that anyway..... ;)

I've had a few Renault Sport Clios, 172 and 182 and they are a total hoot - quite possibly the best hot hatch out there just now, but I've not driven a Megane 225.

I'm just hoping you were aware of the depreciation and went into this with your eyes open - hopefully you leased it and will just hand it back at the end so you won't take the financial hit.

P.S. The 350z engine is designed and built by Nissan, they sell it to Renault for the Vel Satis.

I like the sporty meganes, the design makes sense on them.

I would still prefer a Zed anyday over a megane though but that is my personal opinion.

I haven't driven a the megane but it does get very good reviews. Still a FWD though....

That was my understanding of the VQ - designed by Nissan and used by Renault, not the other way round. I thnk Kev knows that anyway..... ;)

Yep thats correct, as Val posted that thread from the designer who worked for Nissan in Japan recently!

Kev knows that, hes just trying to stir as he's got sick of winding everyone up sat in the middle lane..... :boxing:

Yep thats correct, as Val posted that thread from the designer who worked for Nissan in Japan recently!

Kev knows that, hes just trying to stir as he's got sick of winding everyone up sat in the middle lane..... :boxing:

I honestly thought the engine was a Renault engine. This discussion took place at lengths on the OC. The Val Satis preceeds the Zed by a couple of years. Now I'm not sure.

Anyway, we all know effectively Nissan and Renault are the same company, i.e. 2 division of Carlos Ghosn's empire. He was bought in to rescue Nissan and much of this has been by new models and sharing development with Renault. It's not an aliiance that appeals to me TBH. Unlike the Jaguar and Land Rover which seem to compliment each other.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ghosn

Guest prescience

The VQ35DE has been used in about 20 different variants; 18 Nissan and 2 Renault (Vel Satis and Espace). An early usage was in 2001 for the Pathfinder. It is most DEFINITELY a Nissan-developed engine not Renault and the mis-information that it is a Renault keeps cropping up but it is quite incorrect - and has been pointed out many times before :dry:

And to quote wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

[. It's not an aliiance that appeals to me TBH. Unlike the Jaguar and Land Rover which seem to compliment each other.

They wont be complimenting each other much longer ;)

I beg to differ. I read an article that said the ties between Jaguar and Land Rover are too deep to sepearate them. At least in the short term. Don't forget all the V8's are now Jaguar units and I'm sure there's lots more shared running gear. This is why Ford are sellign both. They picked on Aston as they said this could operate as a separate business and didn't reallt want to sell LR and Jaguar, but their too deep in a mess.