best coilovers for extreme lowering...

daryloffset

Another ruined zed, like Buster's wasn't enough on this forum :cry:

Dude, I take it youve not seen this:

Thats not ruined, thats using a supercharged Z33 as nature intended. For me, that knocks spending hours detailing the car only for it to get dirty after 5 minutes on the road right into a trilby laid on a slight angle ;):lol:

• Like 2

Not tried BC's but heard good things, got HSD's and cant believe how good they are and I must have had 8/10 sets on various cars, Id definitely recommend them :)

Same since going coilovers route ive only had HSD never had an issue and there great for the money, not saying bc arent as i cant compare But on my 350z is200 etc all had hsd and Driftworks Finance helped lol

Also, there are 2 different version for the 350Z.

The standard inboard springs setup, and a true coilovers setup.

We use the inboard springs setup on our Zeta-S, and the true coilover setup on the Zeta-R.

Both have its pro and con, it depends on what you want.

Jerrick

Hi daryloffset, I run the extreme drop kit from bc racing and they are awesome. I physically couldn't run them on the lowest setting as I was laying frame and couldn't move. Still a good ride at a silly low ride height. If you need a set drop me a pm as I can do them cheaper than retail, I've already sourced a set for reeco.

Check out my Instagram phil_sully if you want to see some pics!

• Like 1

Hi daryloffset, I run the extreme drop kit from bc racing and they are awesome. I physically couldn't run them on the lowest setting as I was laying frame and couldn't move. Still a good ride at a silly low ride height. If you need a set drop me a pm as I can do them cheaper than retail, I've already sourced a set for reeco.

Check out my Instagram phil_sully if you want to see some pics!

Have you got any pictures?

In cases like this I am sort of in two mind on what to recommend.

The MeisterR Zeta-S use the in-board springs so it is a bit easier to install as it use all the stock location.

But lowering mean reducing damper travel, and if "stance" is something that is considered it may not be the best design.

The MeisterR Zeta-R use a true coilover setup.

This will make adjustments easier and also mean won't have to worry about damper stroke travel when lowering.

However, because it does not use the stock mounting location, some people are worried.

I have never ran across any problem in my experience (350Z, BMW E36, E46, etc), but owners still worry.

It depends on what you want in this case. I am happy to help.

Getting stance is one thing, but you got to design the suspension to have enough damper travel so the car remain comfortable... and more importantly, safe to drive.

Jerrick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...