My First Crash

Ekona

Sorry to read this bud, but glad you're injury free and your mate is still a mate. A confidence knock is something to learn from, I had my first shunt just after passing my test (massive cliche I know) and it helped me re-consider my approach to the roads, which was in big need of reconsideration at the time - not saying it's the same for you mind ;)

I guess even if you are extremely familiar with the teeth of the beast, it can still turn round and bite you whenever it wants. You live and learn.

Lol why u not sharing car type Dan?

Gutted for you mate but we all usually have one which makes us that little but humbler when behind the wheel. At least you had the correct insurance and you haven't lost a mate

I can only mirror what everyone else has said in that the main thing is that no one was hurt which I'm very glad about.

What scares me about this thread (and another on this forum that I have read today) is how easily this appears to happen. I've had the zed for just under 2 months, my first RWD car and my first very powerful car. When I think about my route to and from work (narrow, windy, hilly roads lined with trees), something like this would almost certainly result in a very nasty accident.

I've had a 'wiggle' twice so far, both whilst going in a straight line, both resulted in the TC doing it's job and reminding me what I'm driving.

I'm already a cautious and careful driver, but the amount of people reporting driving normally 'and just loosing it' is rather worrying. Any tips from those of you with more RWD experience?