Photoshop request please - Wheel colour change.

Sam Mcgoo

So my wheels are in for refurbishment and I'm struggling to decide on a final colour choice.

I'm gonna try and have a go myself to learn to photoshop but I fear it'll take me too long and I'd like to let them know my final decision on Tuesday.

So if anyone could help that would be great.

Couple of pics of car -

4_zps7d07c964.jpg

P1010723_zps0c24f64f.jpg

My colour choices are either.....Anthracite center/spokes with polished bolts and Black Chrome Rim/dish/lip .

or.....Black Chrome center/spokes with a Chrome silver Rim/Dish/Lip

Anthracite wheel for referance-

20131008_132655_zps3131159d.jpg

Black Chrome wheel for ref. -

20131008_132702_zps123fa961.jpg

Any help would be great. Cheers.

.....maybe not an SMD photo edit...... ;)

So my wheels are in for refurbishment and I'm struggling to decide on a final colour choice.

I'm gonna try and have a go myself to learn to photoshop but I fear it'll take me too long and I'd like to let them know my final decision on Tuesday.

So if anyone could help that would be great.

Couple of pics of car -

4_zps7d07c964.jpg

P1010723_zps0c24f64f.jpg

My colour choices are either.....Anthracite center/spokes with polished bolts and Black Chrome Rim/dish/lip .

or.....Black Chrome center/spokes with a Chrome silver Rim/Dish/Lip

Anthracite wheel for referance-

20131008_132655_zps3131159d.jpg

Black Chrome wheel for ref. -

20131008_132702_zps123fa961.jpg

Any help would be great. Cheers.

.....maybe not an SMD photo edit...... ;)

Well :p to you then, I had my crayons out and everything :rant:

I think darker with a chrome rim could look nice maybe.... Black could look ok as they are split rims the bolts will break them up a bit

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

That zed looks great, don't change a thing!

What's the boot spoiler BTW?

Cheers! Do you mean the wheel colour as well?

Unfortunately they were corroded so needed to be refurbished. I really like the factory colour of them, but the polished and lacquered rim just won't last a winter.

Also, it feels like you pay all that money for a refurb so they should look a bit different. I think the black chrome option will look nice without looking too different from now.

Spoiler is a Spoiler Depot 'piggy back' from the US, but I'm not sure they are available anymore.

That zed looks great, don't change a thing!

What's the boot spoiler BTW?

Cheers! Do you mean the wheel colour as well?

Unfortunately they were corroded so needed to be refurbished. I really like the factory colour of them, but the polished and lacquered rim just won't last a winter.

Also, it feels like you pay all that money for a refurb so they should look a bit different. I think the black chrome option will look nice without looking too different from now.

Spoiler is a Spoiler Depot 'piggy back' from the US, but I'm not sure they are available anymore.

I did mean the wheels as well, but I hear you on wanting a change for your cash though.

Well :p to you then, I had my crayons out and everything :rant:

I think darker with a chrome rim could look nice maybe.... Black could look ok as they are split rims the bolts will break them up a bit

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

OZ_Superleggera_III_Black.jpg

I've never been a lover of black or wheels that are too dark, I think once its in a dark wheel arch you tend to loose all the detail of the wheel and just end up with a dark circle.

However, I have been looking at that picture (above) for a week or so now and love the look of it, I just don't know if it'll suit my car, or will just end up another black circle when on the car. That's why I thought anthracite might be a good compromise, not quite as dark as black but should still show the silver bolts up well.

The black chrome will be lovely and shiney and show the wheel detail, but the bolts will be lost a bit. :wacko: I hate decisions like this.

And there seems to be know one available to photoshop on here atm. ... :dry::blush:

Noooooooo.... Your one of the few who agrees with me on here about black wheels don't go to the dark side! :lol:

Matt silver or matt graphite looks good on your wheels

oz_ultrahlt_mgs_ci3_l.jpg

4309d1109957505-oz-superleggera-ii-tuner-matt-tuner-silver-finish-photo-oz-matt-tuner-silver-finish-ii.jpg

:lol: Your right, there's not many of us that prefer the lighter shades of wheel.

Thanks for posting the pics, I had seen that on google, it was what first made me consider a change of colour for the center. I think it suits the wheels very well, but not sure if it's too close to the body colour or not, or if that's what makes it nice lol.

is that at the wheel genie in huntingdon? if it is i was there last summer to see about a refurb on my rays, still haven't got around to it yet but those bmw wheels looked amazing in the flesh, if you were only doing the centres and keeping a polished lip i think it would look pretty nice on your car and not too dark at all in the arch as the lip would highlight the wheel B)

Personally id be going sky blue or purple or something but thats me

Not quite that brave, maybe too old as well... :lol:

is that at the wheel genie in huntingdon? if it is i was there last summer to see about a refurb on my rays, still haven't got around to it yet but those bmw wheels looked amazing in the flesh, if you were only doing the centres and keeping a polished lip i think it would look pretty nice on your car and not too dark at all in the arch as the lip would highlight the wheel B)

Yeah, they are at Wheel genie.

Ok, I spent all night deciding, and having a go on photoshop........and this is what I'm hoping to go for if the shop can do it for me...

1SuggestedwheelcoloursOZsuperleggera_zps8e6d0a91.jpg

2Wheelcoloursugestion_zps5ed859d6.jpg

My effort on the wheel

3Ozphotoshop_zps6f9b7691.jpg

And on the front wheel of the car...

4Photoshopfrontwheel_zps85203535.jpg

I just hope they can do it now after all that!! :lol:

Ok, I spent all night deciding, and having a go on photoshop........and this is what I'm hoping to go for if the shop can do it for me...

1SuggestedwheelcoloursOZsuperleggera_zps8e6d0a91.jpg

2Wheelcoloursugestion_zps5ed859d6.jpg

My effort on the wheel

3Ozphotoshop_zps6f9b7691.jpg

And on the front wheel of the car...

4Photoshopfrontwheel_zps85203535.jpg

I just hope they can do it now after all that!! :lol:

Fingers crossed Sam, I pick my wheels up in a few hours....

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP