Go to Nissan or bite the bullet?

jaxx

ive had a few people tell me now that im still under warranty by nissan regarding the paint work. now i aint opening up a big debate on the quality of paint used.....i know it isnt the best. But i have a few rust spots on my roof right at the front (drivers side) and they could be stone chips but they look more like rust spots that have got worse over time. any opinions guys?

its a 57 plate Z

I am looking into this right now too. Corrosion/perforation cover is 12 years. However if it is intact an untreated stone chip then you are out luck. Which could well be that on the roof - I also have a few of those.

But, if it is rust bubbling or starting to come through from underneath then you might have a chance. I also read they nissan will check your service history as apparently there are stamps for paint checks. No stamps = No warranty work.

Let us know how you get on :)

Gear your self up with evidence and pop into Nissan and ask.

If all else fails, give us a ring if you want the paint work sorting.

Though stone chips on the roof is very unlikely, we've resprayed quite a few zed roofs which has rusted so I'd say its quite common.