Oscars

spursmaddave

My uncle used to keep oscars, brilliant fish!

Make sure you get them lots of live food as they love to hunt, he used to get like 10 goldfish and they wouldn't last more than an hour, just don't tell the shop you have oscars or they won't sell to you haha

Yeah I won't be feeding them other fish, just live shrimp/bloodworm etc.

Apart from being illegal its not healthy for domestic fish, mine will be fed a nice caried diet and I am not keeping them just to post vids of them attacking other fish on eBay :thumbsdown:

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

That's because live feeding is illegal in the UK...

I am quite aware...

Careful, the fish police might be called :lol:

On a side note, do they not eat each other?

Sometimes they can gang up on a smaller one, all depends on luck there really, mine seem to all get along so far but you never know, it could be carnage at any point :lol:

I wasn't sure about my 2 large angel fish but they are quite feisty so are holding their own, they used to be boss at feeding time but now they are definitely 2nd best!

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

That's because live feeding is illegal in the UK...

I am quite aware...

Careful, the fish police might be called :lol:

On a side note, do they not eat each other?

:lol:

Don't think the law was created to protect fish however, more likely feeding reptiles I should imagine.

Personally I'm not against it myself and sometimes it's the only way to kick start an animals appetite unfortunately.

Dont feed them goldfish as it causes vit B deficiency. They are very territorial fish and will defend their part of the tank with a vengeance. :boxing:

Mine used to give birth on a regular basis to quite a lot of live young which were mostly eaten by the other fish. :p If you plan on breeding them use a breeding trap or separate tank.

....I prefer the Cibie type now! :teeth:

Dont feed them goldfish as it causes vit B deficiency. They are very territorial fish and will defend their part of the tank with a vengeance. :boxing:

Mine used to give birth on a regular basis to quite a lot of live young which were mostly eaten by the other fish. :p If you plan on breeding them use a breeding trap or separate tank.

....I prefer the Cibie type now! :teeth:

Cool, as mentioned won't be feeding them live fish. Everything else in the tank is a bottom feeder apart from 2 angels & 2 kribensis cichlids. The angels are pretty big and fiesty and the kribensis are placid but don't seem to be viewed as a threat so far...

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP