Stone Chips

Bluffy

Like the majority of 350Z owners I have a number of stone chips in the paintwork. I was thinking of getting a touch up pen from dealers as they are really tiny and from what I have read on here chipsaway are bothered about small chips. what do people think about these touch up pens?

I also have a chip on the boot lid between the spoiler and rear window which has gone slightly rusty.. Apart from getting it resprayed what would people recommend?

i have used the touch up kit, but never used the brush... it is actually too thick... the kit also has a small metal brush to lift any rust from the metal.

The best way if you have rust is to very gently brush it off with the metal wire brush ( and I mean really gently, won't need much to lift it...)

then get a piece of masking tape and rol it into a cone and stick it on your finger and place the smallest of drops of paint on the tip...

then touch the centre of the chip and the capillary reaction ofm the paint will spread the small amount of paint into the whole chip... as I say the smalles of amounts... it will seem it is not enough but it will... and prevents getting a "blob" ...

and don't worry about adding lacquer over it otherwise it will make it stand out more... this way it takes the eye of it... simplest and most effective way i think...

On a similar note (sorry to treadjack), how much would a full repray of the bumper and paint shield cost? Ball park figures are fine. I need to get mine done, its taking a battering on the M4. And I'm getting p*ssed off with people that undertake me when I leave more than a cars length in front of me :angry:

Guest prescience

I would say £200-£250 for the respray and roughly the same for the paintshield (bumper only) - but you might want to get the bonnet, mirrors etc done too

On a similar note (sorry to treadjack), how much would a full repray of the bumper and paint shield cost? Ball park figures are fine. I need to get mine done, its taking a battering on the M4. And I'm getting p*ssed off with people that undertake me when I leave more than a cars length in front of me :angry:

Know how you feel.

I had two motorbikes in front of me going really slow, when they decided to open the throttle and conveniently spray me with chippings, one of which planted itself neatly in the middle of my windscreen and then continued to bounce and chip my roof!!!

I would say £200-£250 for the respray and roughly the same for the paintshield (bumper only) - but you might want to get the bonnet, mirrors etc done too

....£300 for Paintshield front bumper :)

I use:

www.langka.com

:thumbs:

Whats the secret to this system - the blob ellimator? what does it actually do?

Yep, the key is the blob eliminator. After you have touched yp the chip you are usually left with a bump having used too much paint. The blob eliminator allows you to rub down the bump so the chip is full of paint but flush with the rest of the paintwork. I'm sure the website can explain better than me :blush:

This by no means makes the chips disappear just makes them less unsightly :)

Wish this had been posted on Thursday. I attempted to deal with an unsightly scratch on my bonnet. Was doing fine until I stupidly put the lacquer on. Now it stands out just as bad as before. Will try again and maybe polish done the very thin layer of lacquer.