Drivers window wiper broken by scum

mike89

Parked my car up for 30 mins in city centre today and my window wiper was snapped by somebody. Only the passenger on operates and the drivers one now moves freely by hand. No idea how to fix it, anybody any ideas? Looks like lots of plastic and bits would need to come off.

Hate seeing this mindless jealous vandalism, really gets my goat!

Which city was this may I ask as I will avoid lol

Hope you get it sorted with minimal cost.

It was Glasgow City centre, west Campbell street. Was in at DVLA office finally getting round to put my private plate on to the car. Saw a bunch of workies looking over when I parked up on the street. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was one of them.

Mike,

Probably just needing the external nut retightened so that the arm grips on the splines.

Alex. :)

Is that easy to access then? Hopefully is, I'll take a look in the morning and take out some spanners!

It may be the nut that joins the motor thats came off. It happened to one of our members up here when we were on a run. Take of the plastics in the engine bay and you will access it easily(thats if its the same as the 350)

Cheers for the info guys! Popped the cap off the top and there was a brass-like 14mm nut that was loose. I've tightened it and they are now working. Lucky that it hadn't snapped anything else.

Thanks again.

I haven't reported it, not sure if it's worthwhile or not. I'm 100% it was broken there though, used them going into town as it was raining and when I drove off went to put them on again and didn't work.