Auto Gearbox oil change - when & what is the best.

K370Z2

My 2010 370Zed Auto has 38K on the clock, now out of warranty, due to my last dealership service being a complete disaster as they were looking for my previous 350Z & could not understand why there was a 370Z in the car park with my registration on it. I am going to start or over see my servicing from now on.

I believe the Gearbox Oil should of been changed at the last service, if not it can't be far away.

What is the Best oil to buy for the Auto box, always been of the opinion spend the money & use the best oils and filters at all times, i don't hammer the Zed & no track days planned.

So what is the best & recommended

You will require the proper Nissan Auto S Matic fluid for this auto transmission.

You will also require around 10 litres for a full fluid change if you include the torque converter.

I believe that Nissan state that this fluid is a fluid for life and does not require changing.

This fluid is expensive, however I have it in stock at the moment if required and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help you further.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

• 10 months later...

No need to change the fluid on the automatic gearbox, it's for life. Extremely expensive, comes in 20 litres from Nissan only it's about £200-£300. Don't waste your money and time, it's extremely difficult to replace as well, I did it on mine when I've installed the gearbox oil cooler.