Just fitted these.

WhackyWill

I just fitted a set of these gas struts to my tailgate, all the rattles stopped and you can now push it

up with one finger and it does not fall on your head in Winter. Well worth the investment. :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Made-Nissan-350Z-Tailgate-Boot-Gas-Struts-/181224074519?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a31cbed17

Didn't realise they were on eBay too or thats where I would have bought them. Nectar point FTW :lol:

I bought the uprated ones from them for a few quid more to ensure the bootlid stays up even when I get round to fitting the spoiler.

Didn't realise they were on eBay too or thats where I would have bought them. Nectar point FTW :lol:

I bought the uprated ones from them for a few quid more to ensure the bootlid stays up even when I get round to fitting the spoiler.

Ye I got the uprated ones as well as I have a Nismo spoiler, and was fed up with the tailgate falling on my head..! :blackeye:

• 1 month later...

Ive just fittet the same ones but now have a problem with the boot closing it catches on the bottom part of the new struts on both sides lifting up the back end (closest to the roof). no one else had this problem? :blush:

Hi Adem. No mine fitted perfectly no issues,

I believe there is a small amount of adjustment you can make to them, :thumbs:

Ive just fittet the same ones but now have a problem with the boot closing it catches on the bottom part of the new struts on both sides lifting up the back end (closest to the roof). no one else had this problem? :blush:

I believe it is easy to fit them the wrong way round, although the wrong way looks right when fitted - hope that makes sense - and that causes closing problems

• Like 1