Buying 313 - can't quite find info I'm looking for

NeilMH

That should help Terence - plus it has to be worth getting one for the dipstick alone ;)

Oh,such a comedian! Quite typical smart @rsed reply on a uk forum.

Calm down pal, lets not forget you're the one who bought the wrong car and it's this smart arsed UK forum that spotted the problem and has been helping you out. A bit of rib tickling along the way is to be expected!

• Like 1

That should help Terence - plus it has to be worth getting one for the dipstick alone ;)

Calm down pal, lets not forget you're the one who bought the wrong car and it's this smart arsed UK forum that spotted the problem and has been helping you out. A bit of rib tickling along the way is to be expected!

+1 And it's Neil's thread :shrug:

Actually it wasn't a smart-arsed reply at all. I was actually keen that people should help you out. I was referring to the fact that the DE model I have now has a dipstick that is almost impossible to get at (a well known fact). So what I meant was that moving it to the front was an excellent improvement. You should not be so defensive. I was actually very supportive of your situation as many people aren't as fanatical as we are over detail when buying a car. Forget the fact you hijacked my thread.

No need to remove the engine cover, just a photo of the bonnet up would be good to see.

If you've got the paperwork, you're laughing.

Here is the answer - to date we have not seen any photos of your car as I far as I can see and what Ekona has said will help clarify the model issue once and for all :thumbs:

Hello Moderators. I have already obtained the information I needed to compare the 313 with my DE.

As this thread is now not really adding to the sum of human knowledge perhaps it could be closed.

Terence can post his own thread with an appropriate heading if he needs further assistance. Thanks.

I ran a 2003 DE engined car. It always felt flat and lardy, held back frankly. Y pipe + plenum spacer and other basic mods and then an UpRev sorted it out nicely. I then sold her and bought a 313ps model (standard except for the LMGT4 alloys). In standard guise the 313 felt almost as responsive and nippy as the UpRev'd DE engined Zed - identical even. I'm now 2+ years into owning the HR engined Zed and wouldn't swap for a DE one unless the Road Tax became an issue (£475+ per year?)

I have a lightweight flywheel and new OEM clutch to get installed. Once that is done (to delay my purchase of a 370 by another 6 month) I'm going to consider an UpRev on the HR Zed (Y pipe, exhaust and a few other mods already in place). No real idea what that will do, but for 400 quid plus the better response from the lighter fly, it ought to suffiently scratch my 'upgrade' itch for a few more months lol

The DE (because all 6 banks share one air intake) really does need a plenum spacer, Y Pipe and UpRev to make it ..... right. Anyone who has done this to a DE engined Zed will know what im babbling about. As i say, the HR was 'just right' for me out of the box.....but time (and my upgrad-itis desease) has resulted in the HR getting modded over time.

• Like 1

Hello Moderators. I have already obtained the information I needed to compare the 313 with my DE.

As this thread is now not really adding to the sum of human knowledge perhaps it could be closed.

Terence can post his own thread with an appropriate heading if he needs further assistance. Thanks.

Thread locked as requested by the OP