XKR.... Lovely

AMT

While in at Asda today came across this beauty! I was never really a fan of the old shape but the more and more I see the older one (especially with nice wheels and a clean example) the more I think it looks fantastic. So much more sleeker, sporty lookin' than all the fat bulbus stuff now. Puts the Zeds fat backside to shame with its looks lol. Lovely car.

2013-09-07154641_zpsb9a1b088.jpg2013-09-07154556_zps726f2e45.jpg

Jags always seem to get better looking once they've been out of production for a few years. I remember when the old man bought one of the first XKRs, he went over to Holland to pick it up to beat the queues they had over here for them. It looked good back then in my 14 year old eyes but I have to admit it looks better now even after all those years.

I never understood how the designers at Jaguar stood back and went "you know what thats it we got it" I mean why oh why would you have such a huge back end sticking out like that its hideous. If it wasn't for that it would be on my list of cars to buy.

Not keen on these XKR marks, as said, I don't think they look modern at all - that said, I do respect them.

The newer Jags that are coming out though are seriously good looking cars.

Perhaps they employed some younger designers for the XKR they released in 2007 because ever since that they've looked great.

you have to remember the X100 series XK's (the one above) is one of the longest running production cars ever, started production back in 1995 as the XK8 the XKR didnt join the line up till 1998 and it didnt have a facelift till 2001-2002 and that was minor, its proper update the newer X150 (the latest XK's ) didn't come out till 2006. and they're still going.

the 350z never managed 11 years in production

you have to remember the X100 series XK's (the one above) is one of the longest running production cars ever, started production back in 1995 as the XK8 the XKR didnt join the line up till 1998 and it didnt have a facelift till 2001-2002 and that was minor, its proper update the newer X150 (the latest XK's ) didn't come out till 2006. and they're still going.

Meh, some may say 11 years is an achievement - others may say your just too tight to start a fresh production - putting off the inevitable.

Jaguar cars stayed in production for long periods firstly because they lacked the funds to develop new models and secondly because the marque attracts high loyalty from its customers.

Pete

I think your right there RT, I can't see any on the bonnet. I do think I remember an XKR badge on it and it had the quad exhausts..... someone perhaps going a bit too much into the 'rep' look... why not just buy an XKR lol. Was a lovely car though. You are right about it not lookin' as modern, but that kinda is why its better. Needs those big wheels though to set it off and the big brakes. Its def a head turner, you would catch its sleek shape out the corner of you're eye lol.