New door panel fitted by bodyshop now window fails. Help!

PKAT

Air Hair Lair Panto goers. I had a small *cough* argument with a concrete post and had a new driver side door panel fitted. The body shop did a fab job of paint etc and now I lurve PKAT all over again :D Small problemette in that after a couple of go's, my driver side window fails. Don't go up, don't go down. Nuttink.

Help!!

Is it the motor gone or did the bodyshop make a booboo?

Good luck. In my experience it depends very much on the bodyshop. My wifes car went in for some work following her driving into the back of someone. When the car came back several things didnt work, including the air conditioning motor, the engine management light was on & the coil pack was faulty. All were fine before the accident. Bodyshop refused to do anything saying it was nothing to do with them, insurance company said they were "consumables" and were our problem. Maybe a co-incidence, maybe not, but to us it seemed strange that they were both fine before hand.

Ah you've got the same problem as me. Mine was after fitting a new (used) window motor. I heard a wild rumour it was something to do with syncing a used motor to a new car (instead of a new new motor), but I've no idea whether that's true.

I just started this thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75699-re-set-window-motor/ in case the answer turns up in there

Well the trailer arrived yesterday am, I reversed PKAT out of the garage, and tried the window, just to make sure it was still not working. Bloody thing opened!! Sounded dreadful though. The bodyshop rang me later to tell me that when it gets hot, it doesn't work. They think the motor is on its way out. Second hand drivers side window motor?? anyone?