Re-set window motor

anglais49

So you fit a new motor and need to re-set it to make it automatically move and down a bit when you open/close the door...

I've re-set it but it only moves down when I open the door. It doesn't go back up when I close it. And it keeps dropping it every time, even if it's already below the seal, so after about six door openings the window is fully open. Also means I have to put it back up with the switch every time someone opens the door.

Have I missed something in the re-set procedure?

I did hear that used motors can never be fully re-synced with a different car, so it will never go back up. That sounds like a very stupid way to build a car, but would explain it...

Not sure if this will help:

ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REMOVING BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL : Special

Repair Requirement INFOID:0000000004460995

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE

1. Disconnect battery negative terminal or power window switch connector. Reconnect it after a minute or

more.

2. Door switch is OFF (close).

3. Turn ignition switch ON.

4. Operate power window switch to fully open the window. (This operation is unnecessary if the window is

already fully open.)

5. Continue pulling the power window switch AUTO-UP. Even after glass stops at the fully closed position,

keep pulling the switch for 3 seconds or more.

6. Initializing procedure is completed.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23990-window-reset/page__st__20

Little note on this after completing it successfully yesterday,

Remove door card.

get in the car and shut the door.

wind the windows all the way up manually

press and hold the reset button on the motor as indicated, wind the window all the way down manually and let go of the button

wind the window all the way up again

keeping the door shut through the process. The windows should drop 10-20mm when you open the door, and auto up and down functions should be correct.

worked both sides for me, keeping the door open didn't work.

Its pretty standard procedure in every car ive ever had (modern) and been in. Hold the window switch and let it go down, then keep holding for 5 seconds, then pull the switch, let it close and hold for another 5 seconds. Door does need to be closed though.

Ive found the zeds window then stops responding for 5-10 seconds and then it works fine.

Edited by cs2000