Z tyre widths

anglais49

Zs ought to have wider tyres on the rear than on the front, right? I suspect the previous incumbent of my car has swapped tyres around and I've ended up with front widths all round.

The book is no use since the car is an import so it's all in Japanese. Can anyone tell me the wheel/tyre sizes for standard/unmodded Zs?

Thanks!

While we're on the subject of tyre size... what would people advise on changing from the standard?

I want to keep 45 profile because I've gone back to standard springs (was previous lowered) and the gap in the arch looks like a 4x4 now with 40!

I don't use the car on track, so I don't see the point in going beyond the standard width for a change that I can only imagine would be negligible in any road driving.

That is, unless anyone has a "I fitted slightly wider tyres and it changed my life" stories....

While we're on the subject of tyre size... what would people advise on changing from the standard?

I want to keep 45 profile because I've gone back to standard springs (was previous lowered) and the gap in the arch looks like a 4x4 now with 40!

I don't use the car on track, so I don't see the point in going beyond the standard width for a change that I can only imagine would be negligible in any road driving.

That is, unless anyone has a "I fitted slightly wider tyres and it changed my life" stories....

Should never keep your profile size as its the % on the width of the tyre.. So 40 profile on a 265 tyre will be lower to a 40 profile on 225 tyre..

Depending on the size tyres you go for, if its a lot of difference between front to back, it could throw out your handling..

Edited by A9H-RX
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna be changing my tyres this month/early next & I'm going to be doing the same thing. Did I read that right, that if you go for the wider rears you need to lower the car because it causes an arch?

Also, what benefits do you get from having slightly wider rears? I assume they don't look hugely different but are they noticeable? I do like the idea of wider looking wheels.

If your car isn't lowered, you will have a big arch gap whether you go for series 40 or 45 tyres in the correct widths.

If the car is just an a-b vehicle that looks good, keep the standard sizes, there's no real advantage if you don't need more grip.