Cobra or Scorpion, Again

Hooch

Yes I know there are loads of threads about Scorpion and Cobra exhausts but there are no sound clips from inside the car.

I have read through all the posts about each exhaust and I have heard from some people that the resonated Cobra drones and others say it doesn't.

I like the sound of the Scorpion but i'm a bit weary it might be a little 'too' quiet.

Then again i'm weary the Cobra resonated is a bit on the loud side.

My last car (which was for sale on here) was an Impreza that was immensely loud and I have had my fill of drone.

So, has anyone got in cabin videos of both?

I'll see if I can get it to record properly for you later on my phone. I have the resonated Cobra and it definitely does drone between 2-2.5k under medium-high load but nothing unbearable. It's gorgeous sounding exhaust imo and only really drones if you are driving in too high a gear uphill.

For sure I will be coming to you CS.

Invidia Gemini mate, more dosh but no drone and a quality piece of kit

More than happy to spend a bit more if the sufficient gains are there and the sound is nice but with no drone.

With a true duel you loose power low end but gain in the highs, is that correct?

If you can do me a in cabin video that would be good.

To be honest from what I have ready the gains are similar with all systems (providing the Y pipe is changed) so I am hesitant to spend the extra when the Nivida will be hidden and the Scorpion/Cobra are well made.

• Like 1

Cheers Tarmac, I think it will be the scorpion then.

I doubt I will go down the route of berks as I don't want a raspy sound.

I want a quiet car for normal driving then when I put my foot down you get a lovely sound that will turn heads (not that i'm a show off!)

If someone could get me an in car recording of the Scorpion I would be most grateful!

Theres quite a few videos steve took during the wales runs that he posted in the following thread.

I admit though they dont do full justice to the cobra exhaust which sounds lovely in the flesh, or the metal as it were.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71279-wales-2013-photos/page__st__300

Might have a watch over those again for memories sake.

Theres quite a few videos steve took during the wales runs that he posted in the following thread.

I admit though they dont do full justice to the cobra exhaust which sounds lovely in the flesh, or the metal as it were.

http://www.350z-uk.c...s/page__st__300

Might have a watch over those again for memories sake.

Yep and those video's are before I added the Berks and it sounds absolutely spot on now!

Just had a spontaneous meet up with Peteman35 also wondering about the Cobra at the West Meon Hut in between Peterfield and Winchester.... all I can say is he is sold on the Cobra :lol:

Btw Will has SMD sent you my USB stick with the original video of that run we did yet?

• Like 1

Not going to tell you i told you so steve but.....lol bet the berks does sound lovely with the cobra. You will have to give me a ride sometime.

Nope not had the usb stick. Bit worried getting it off SMD though. Never sure what he may put on it lol

Edited by Will370z
  • Like 1

I have heard so many good things about the Cobra, but i'm really looking for small step up from the standard and not something that's going to be loud in the cabin.

I guess the only way to find out is to listen to the systems in person.

Although if anyone can get a good video of the scorpion inside that would be brill.

Has anyone else with Scorpion's got any views on their systems?