Eibach arb's and headlight level sensor location.

Neilp

Hi guys looking for a quick help.

I've just swapped my arb's and drop links out for eibach arb's and Powegrid droplinks

Has anybody changed to eibach adjustable arb's and powergrid drop links? What did you do with the headlight level sensor as the old nuts for it don't fit the new drop links and the bracket wont fit onto the arb unless you use the very softest setting, whereas mines are on the hardest.

So far I have it fitted by flattening the little notch thing on it that usually sits against the end of the arb. This has allowed me to bolt it onto the drop link temporarily but the headlight level is way too high. The only thing I can think of is using an additional bolt to mount it onto the end position on the arb.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

reminds me to give Alex a shout as I left my headlight level sensor on a cattle grid in north Wales lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still don't understand how that happened lol! There so much stuff round about it to get broken first!

Are you still running standard arb's and droplinks?

I dont have the Drop links, but when my rear is on the hardest setting, i think i normally just put the bracket into the middle hole,so to speak. lol

Havnt had a track day this year, so cant really remember the exact details, but found a way

Just thinking, i think i mount it the other side of the ARB leg, and that moved the 90degree lug in a way to sit properly. I tried the extra bolt, but it wouldnt fit in the middle hole, because of the size of everything else, so the only way was in the softest setting hole, which i wasnt a fan of, as it sits alot higher than the others.

Neil,

I have the powergrid fitted to mine with the Eibach sways and can't remember having any fitment or light level issues.

If time permits I will try and take a picture for you.

Alex. :)

Thanks Alex, appreciated :thumbs:

I have the NISMO ARB's Neil - The bracket for the light level fitted on fine, not a lot of help to you just not sure why your having an issue.

You did get the ARB's the right way round didn't you :p:lol:

I have the NISMO ARB's Neil - The bracket for the light level fitted on fine, not a lot of help to you just not sure why your having an issue.

because the eibach arb's have 3 positions so the sensor bracket moves to whichever hole the droplink is on. But due to design it doesn't fit on them except the end position similar to oem

Any chance of a picture?(not sure about this witchcraft device :stir: ) Does it connect to the drop link? or can you not just use one of the unused holes on the anti-roll bar as you mentioned in your first post? Can't be too hard to find a bolt that fits the nut? If not try cable ties :lol: they work on everything.

because the eibach arb's have 3 positions so the sensor bracket moves to whichever hole the droplink is on. But due to design it doesn't fit on them except the end position similar to oem

Ahhh - I get you :thumbs: all makes sense now - extra nut and bolt must be the way forwards mate cant see it being an issue :)

Hi Neil I have the Eibach ARB and power grid drop links and set to the middle hole. Had no issues. I have set it to the hardest before but swapped back to medium as the car went from neutral to oversteer tendency. Don't remember any issues too. I can also send you some pics but that would be the weekend when I plan to work in her.

Hi Neil I have the Eibach ARB and power grid drop links and set to the middle hole. Had no issues. I have set it to the hardest before but swapped back to medium as the car went from neutral to oversteer tendency. Don't remember any issues too. I can also send you some pics but that would be the weekend when I plan to work in her.

Cheers mate. I might swap back to middle then as you were running kw v3's also which makes me think the car will be too rigid.

Cheers for the info mate