Oil Catch Can - Rutland Motors

glrnet

First of all, I have absolutely no connection with this company other than I bought their product but I do feel to that others ought to know that customer service is alive and well with this supplier:-

http://oilcatchtank.com/

Here's the story.

At the recommendation of Bennet I bought one of these in May last year and it's all detailed here in this thread http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58175-oil-catch-can-tested-and-proven/

Unfortunately the plastic reservoir developed a hairline crack a the bottom which meant a small amount of oil was dripping into the lower engine bay. I contacted Sam at Rutland Motors and told him my story and he very kindly sent me a replacement on Friday Recorded Delivery, fitted it this afternoon and all is good, now that's how to look after customers, no fuss no issues and no drama even though the warranty had expired. If you are in the market for an oil catch can check them out. :):thumbs:

I wouldn't recommend Rutland Motors at all... The customer service I got from Sam was terrible. Ordered a 10mm fitting catch can which turned up 2 weeks later with 12mm fittings. No response from him for over a week, he then said he'd send a replacement with no hint of apology. Another 2 weeks passed and a 12mm one arrived. Had to get a refund via PayPal as no communication from Sam.

Glad you had a good experience Graham, but I'd certainly be wary of ordering anything from them.

Edited by Paddy78

I've had one of these from rutland fitted for a while too..... Come to think of it, I think mine dribbles slightly as well.... .... At least I've never had to empty it! Lol auto emptying.

I should check it for cracking though.

I bought a toyosports one, opened it up. Put a metal pipe on the inlet so it goes through the pipe. Also drilled holes in the pipe. Wrapped metal scourers around the pipe to act as baffles. Made sure they aren't the ones that split up. PTFE'ed tape the threads and it works spot on.

I bought two, both different size fittings, both black. First turned up grey then a week later the second turned up black with a bag of skittles lol. Can't complain cheap and do the job, also handy for the small engine bay. Have noticed oil in one but not enough to drain due to the design, the other is clear. Happy with the product and since im not a show car guy not bothered about the different colours, also reminds me which cam cover the come from :lol: