Advice for replacing stock air filter with aftermarket cone one ?

fairladyz2013

I recently bought a short ram takeda kit from Tarmac sportz. Looks the part and sounds great but in terms of performance gains if anything I may have lost a few ponies, not that you'd notice tho!

The filters need no maintenance which is a bonus :)

Fitting is straight forward, just follow instructions that are supplied :thumbs:

Cone filters sound better, but you will lose a few horses, but I doubt you'd notice. The best intake for power is the OEM facelift airbox (Or modified 03-05) with an aftermarket filter.

Most people seem to go for the JWT Popcharger as this is cheap and sounds good. :pmtarmac: as he sells these and others including the Takeda which looks awesome! :thumbs:

Edited by Paddy78

do you still get a better sound by just adding in a Costworth/HKS filter?

as im not sure which route to take- either the popcharger for the sound but it suffers from heat soak and less powerful?

Against the upgraded filter?

anyone who has done both can advise?

do you still get a better sound by just adding in a Costworth/HKS filter?

as im not sure which route to take- either the popcharger for the sound but it suffers from heat soak and less powerful?

Against the upgraded filter?

anyone who has done both can advise?

Depends what you want out of it - if its mainly for road driving, a few horsepower lost probably wont be noticed, but the sound will

Depends what you want out of it - if its mainly for road driving, a few horsepower lost probably wont be noticed, but the sound will

Yes its for road driving on weekends, would it help if a cold air feed was ran also?

I run the stock 06 airbox with HKS filter and there was no noticeable change in sound. Would I miss the few HP lost if I changed to a cone... probably not...

It seems like a tough decision to make, sound or extra HP, think i may try the Filter first, as its not too much money anyway.