F-Type test Drive

Photman

So i thought i would try get other peoples reactions to this new car - I took one out yesterday and my verdict is that the 370zGT wins.

I took the F-Type S without the Sports Exhaust system (but honestly i don't think this would make it any better)

The sound going though the gears was ok, but it honestly sounded like the exhaust was going to fall off, very tinny high pitched sound (I didn't like). Not that deep grunt i thought it was going to be.

The ride was very hard at all speeds and i felt every bump and ripple in the road & going up and down the road from Aberdeen - Loch Lomond i suspect after a weekend I would need to go see a chiropractor.

It is definitely a weekend run once in a while car, not for using everyday. Just another point is that if you don't have the spare wheel then you might get a small bag in, but dam if you have the spare wheel in then don't expect to get much more than a bottle of milk in the back.

However some good points, the speed and power are amazing, goes through the gears very well, the paddles where good no lag on the gear change (much like the zed). Handling nice and stiff very responsive.

I would not use in the normal D mode but found the S Mode better the D mode did struggle to find the right gear at low speed, 0-40 ish

Looks amazing - But looks better than it is.

Would i get one? - No.. The sound lets it down as does the hard ride & tinny boot, however if you where using around town to show of to the ladies then maybe but for me not a drivers car.

post-19316-0-11304000-1376467235_thumb.jpg

post-19316-0-98116500-1376467238_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The xk was the successor to the e type ;)

Keep telling yourself that. ;) Seriously though, I don't think Jag have ever called the XJS, XK8 or XK an official successor to the E-type have they? By naming this the F-type they surely are telling the world that they think this is?

I test drove one of these a few months back and found the V6 s exhaust note awesome, deep like a V8 almost. The ride was more than acceptable but compared to say a Porsche cayman it was on the firm side. Interior was a joy and had plenty of poke. Overall I'd say given a couple of years depreciation they'd be a fantastic used buy!

Keep telling yourself that. ;) Seriously though, I don't think Jag have ever called the XJS, XK8 or XK an official successor to the E-type have they? By naming this the F-type they surely are telling the world that they think this is?

+1

+1

it took alot of its design cues from the E type like the binnet the bonnet vents and some of the lines. i can't be arsed to dig my book out but the XK was seen as the replacement for the the E type. more specifically the XKR. if not the actual replacement many have reffered to it as the spiritual e type replacement (the XKR)

• 1 month later...

I was giving the Z a wash in the road today and heard something very loud coming down our road. By the time it had gone past I realised it was an F type in black. From what I saw (not much) I wasn't wowed by the looks, but it sounded very very nice - lots of pops and gurgles :)