hi every1

hi

ive been reading your forums for a while now while trying to decide whether to trade in my tsport celica in for a 350z.

ive been trying to forget about getting one and just sticking with what ive got but i just cant stop thinking about them, im on internet all night reading about them it doing my head in!!!! so im going to bite the bullit and by the car of my dreams :D

ive found a black gt4 at my local nissan garage it got 15k on the clock and its up for 23K.

what i wanted to know is, is this a good price or is there better out there? also is it worth waiting for the 2007 model to come out and hope the price drops abit on the second hand ones?

also wanted to know what you use your cars for? im a civil engineer and for some reason i cant get the idea that these cars are a bit posh for me if you know what i mean, is it good for use as an everyday car or just weekends? the reason i ask is i do alot of motorway miles, i travel about 300-500 miles a week and with the mpg not being great i just wanted opinions from people who actually own and run these cars

any1 any advice will be highly welcomed

hi

ive been reading your forums for a while now while trying to decide whether to trade in my tsport celica in for a 350z.

ive been trying to forget about getting one and just sticking with what ive got but i just cant stop thinking about them, im on internet all night reading about them it doing my head in!!!! so im going to bite the bullit and by the car of my dreams :D

ive found a black gt4 at my local nissan garage it got 15k on the clock and its up for 23K.

what i wanted to know is, is this a good price or is there better out there? also is it worth waiting for the 2007 model to come out and hope the price drops abit on the second hand ones?

also wanted to know what you use your cars for? im a civil engineer and for some reason i cant get the idea that these cars are a bit posh for me if you know what i mean, is it good for use as an everyday car or just weekends? the reason i ask is i do alot of motorway miles, i travel about 300-500 miles a week and with the mpg not being great i just wanted opinions from people who actually own and run these cars

any1 any advice will be highly welcomed

You have made the right choice :thumbs:

The price of that GT4 sounds about right in my opinion, but they may slide a little with the new model out. I have had two zeds now and do very similar mileage to yours and my trip computer is on 24.2 mpg at the moment :D

There aren't many changes, main one is for a 2005 car its the only one that develops 296BHP, which is 20Bhp more than normal, (this became standard on 2006 cars) it also has alloys unique to the GT4.

They also only made 100 in Black and 76 in Ultra Yellow and each one has a plaque identifying what number it is.

Other than that its identical to a GT spec car

Hi, mate! :thumbs:

Personally, unless you wanted one of the yellow ones I wouldn't bother with a GT4 and would try and get an MY06 (same power, some interior improvements, slightly different lights). Sellers seem to charge a premium for the GT4 which I just don't think is warranted unless its for the exclusive colour.

TBH they're all great cars so you won't go far wrong. :teeth:

:welcome:

I too came from a Celica 190 to the Z.

My Z is my daily driver. Granted I live in the city and don't do much mileage each day (about 15) but on weekends I load up the truck and head off down the country or to the rc track. The only time space in the Z was an issue was when my brother came home for Christmas. I offered to take him back to the airport but his suitcase wouldn't fit in the trunk. I told him to bring a smaller case next time. My mother had to drive him.

Thinking of giving up the Z this year to be replaced by one of the new ones and then onto the GTR next year depending on prices.

Guy

Personally, unless you wanted one of the yellow ones I wouldn't bother with a GT4 and would try and get an MY06 (same power, some interior improvements, slightly different lights). Sellers seem to charge a premium for the GT4 which I just don't think is warranted unless its for the exclusive colour.

thanks for answering this is what i was trying to find out :thumbs:

im not a big fan of the yellow one so prob will give the gt4 a miss and try and get a 2006 gt, think i may look on 2nd hand market instead of dealers maybe get a better deal

GC350z what sort of mpg differance have you noticed between the 190 and 350z? my 190 is quiet a heavy drinker :scare:

how much better is the 350z?

GC350z what sort of mpg differance have you noticed between the 190 and 350z? my 190 is quiet a heavy drinker :scare:

Better??? lol. At the moment the computer says 20.1mpg. That's since the start of April. I have a habit of reseting it for fun. I've had it down to 9 when driving in the city and up to 27 when I measured one journey from Dublin to Waterford and back. It's just too much fun bliping the throttle and watching the heads turn way up the road.

Buuuuuut to be fair when I had the 190 it was about 19mpg or lower in the city as well. I think it was supposed to return about 27 in the city or was that the 140. Either way petrol stations are my friends. I spend about €40 a week if I stay in the city on the weekend and about an additional €50 if I travel to visit my mother in Waterford. That's between €10 and €20 more than when I had the 190 but with the price increase infuel that's not much of a difference.

Hi and :welcome: I run an 06MY as my everyday transport and average around 24mpg over 350 ish miles per week.

I agree that unless you specifically want a yellow one, then go for an 06 MY as opposed to the GT4. Same power, more choice of colours and a much better interior.

:welcome: Bower

I'm gonna be abit biased here but a I'd have a GT4 over an '06 any day of the week. Granted, the 06 has the same power and an updated interior with more cup holders :yawn: and the lights are newer (nicer?) but it has nothing special. Other than being a Z of course. There will always be that edge of exlusivity with the GT4, hence a little premium to be paid presumably.

However, I got my GT4 in November and paid £21995 with 18k miles, SatNav, Reverse Parking Sensors, refurbed wheels, and a resprayed door so I believe you should be able to negotiate quite strongly with the dealer.

Black GT4 is a different black to other blacks - it's solid rather than metallic. Looks sweet when very clean, difficult to keep that way though. It's a high maintenance colour but one of the very best when clean and shiny.

Also the fastest :p

thanks for replying mate

how come youve had 2!!!

is it worth getting the gt4? is there much of a difference from a normal gt?

sarnie had 2 coz the first one was black and then he wanted a yellow gt4 :)

btw the gt4 came in either yellow or black.

thanks for answering this is what i was trying to find out :thumbs:

im not a big fan of the yellow one so prob will give the gt4 a miss and try and get a 2006 gt, think i may look on 2nd hand market instead of dealers maybe get a better deal

#

Forgot to say mine's a daily driver too and there are no real problems. I get about 24 mpg with a mix of A roads and motorway on my commute. If you work around the strut brace you can carry quite a bit but boxes are a problem. Definitely not as commodious as a Celica. You'll undoubtedly attract more attention so you may be more careful where you park it but generally it doesn't have the image problems of a Porsche, Merc or Beemer. :teeth: