Black Diamond Discs

Jp606

Hi guys,

Looking at changing all 4 discs to the Black Diamond slotted discs and the pads to EBC Red Stuff. Does anyone run this setup/these discs and if so what do you think of them for road/fast road use? I've not heard of Black Diamond before and can't seem to find much info on them.

I'd love to run the DBA discs and Ferodo pads but can't quite justify the price for road use. Also going to swap the brake lines for HELs at some point.

I did look at the yellows, but don't they produce a load of dust? Although to be fair it's silly to go for one pad over the other because of the amount of dust produced..

I thought I read that yellows shouldn't be used with grooved discs?

BD discs are very deceptive. Numberous times I've squeezed on the brakes and the car slows down very fast without the annoying jerk/anchor feeling. Kind of perfect for the zed considering its deceptively fast despite feeling like you're going slowly, works both ways with these discs.

• 2 weeks later...

They look good, how do you find the performance of them?

Very good. A definite upgrade over original, haven't had a chance to push them yet but general driving they are nice and sharp, even from cold. Braided HEL brake lines being fitted next month with some decent fluid so that should make them even better.

• 3 months later...