You couldn't make it up

coldel

Seems to work on my laptop.

In summary, retired couple buy caravan with retirement money. Caravan stolen. Caravan found 18 months later with 'travellers' living in it. Police cannot recover the Caravan as it would breach the travellers 'human rights'. Only proof of ownership from travellers is a hand written receipt for £300 who the travellers say they got off a 'bloke down the pub' when they apparently bought it. Police tell retired couple that they have to go through civil courts self funded to recover it.

Don't get me started on this one...!!!

My mate had his garage turned over by gypsies who stole everything thy could out of it.

Police told him to report it to his insurance company and fill out a crime report, end of story, not interested. :scare: :scare:

Don't get me started on this one...!!!

My mate had his garage turned over by gypsies who stole everything thy could out of it.

Police told him to report it to his insurance company and fill out a crime report, end of story, not interested. :scare: :scare:

End of story not interested? Who me or the Police? :lol:

"The couple, who live in a semi-detached home in Tongham, Surrey, were in between insurance policies at the time of the theft in 2011 so were not covered for a payout"

^ Wait.... what!? In between insurance policies, so it was uninsured when it was stolen? Or is that just poor reporting and misinformation because it reads like their insurance expired and they were trying to sort out new insurance when it was nicked....

Its because they are living in it, they cant be evicted without a court order. If it was any other property then it would almost certainly have been returned.

Daily Mail, being sensationalist? Whatever next?? :lol:

Well I am going to go nick a Bugatti Veyron and live in it then if that's the case.

Hell why stop there, I wouldn't mind one of those Abramovich style yachts to live on...off to Monaco, who's with me!

Its because they are living in it, they cant be evicted without a court order. If it was any other property then it would almost certainly have been returned.

Daily Mail, being sensationalist? Whatever next?? :lol:

Well I am going to go nick a Bugatti Veyron and live in it then if that's the case.

Hell why stop there, I wouldn't mind one of those Abramovich style yachts to live on...off to Monaco, who's with me!

Better still pop down to Antibes Paul Allen Octopussy is there now..far nicer boat.

They should just pay a few people like you say, to go nick it, buy it from them (in all innocence) in the pub for £300 and then allow their pet hamster to live in it. The amazing thing is that they have all the documentation that says they own it and that its stolen property.

So what would happen if... the couple hired some big steriod junkies to go get caravan back. Would that be classed as theft?

You obviously dont live near pikeys. Once you start something it doesnt stop, it just escalates, usually best just to move on and forget about it.

In between insurance on something you have on finance, you've got to be insane. You'd at least have it clamped or something wouldn't you?

Not that it makes stealing it right, or not being able to evict them right either.